Found the mother of all rocks

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by enjoytheride, Nov 7, 2007.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'm trying to build another shed for the goats as I hope to have two kidding soon and I thought it would be good to have a place to keep them seperate if needed.
    To keep it cheap, I wanted to use wood I had- I decided to set four fence posts and just build walls inbetween.
    So I set one post- no rocks- ususally there are a few small one but nothing too large. The second one was good too but the third.........
    I started the hole and only was a foot deep when I hit a rock- I tried to dig around it but at two feet around I decided I had to settle for a smaller shed and moved over two feet from the first hole- ran into the same rock. I ended up with a 4 foot circle of dirt and no end of that blasted rock in sight.
    Now I have to think about what to do- I was making a continuation of my big shed and wanted it to line up- not going to happen but what to do- I don't want to pull up the two 8 foot, 8 inch round posts I already set.
    More think rather than building fornow................

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh bummer!!! That is frustrating.

can you make it bigger instead of smaller?

3. cornishwlr

cornishwlr New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    louisiana
    :ROFL: Sorry. But that sounds like my luck :hair: :hair: . Good thing all we have around here is tree roots. I hit enough of those trying to build our house :roll: :roll: . Good luck in trying to figure away around this problem.

4. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    I believe you can rent a drill that will make a hole in the rock. But I would check the 4 hole first for rocks and any where else you will need to dig so if you can do everything at one time. Shelly

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I was thinking of going bigger and just using that stupid boulder as a footing and pouring cement around the post sitting on it. But that means spending money (boo hiss) that I really didn't want to spend.