The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to build another shed for the goats as I hope to have two kidding soon and I thought it would be good to have a place to keep them seperate if needed.
To keep it cheap, I wanted to use wood I had- I decided to set four fence posts and just build walls inbetween.
So I set one post- no rocks- ususally there are a few small one but nothing too large. The second one was good too but the third.........
I started the hole and only was a foot deep when I hit a rock- I tried to dig around it but at two feet around I decided I had to settle for a smaller shed and moved over two feet from the first hole- ran into the same rock. I ended up with a 4 foot circle of dirt and no end of that blasted rock in sight.
Now I have to think about what to do- I was making a continuation of my big shed and wanted it to line up- not going to happen but what to do- I don't want to pull up the two 8 foot, 8 inch round posts I already set.
More think rather than building fornow................

·
Registered
74 Posts
:ROFL: Sorry. But that sounds like my luck :hair: :hair: . Good thing all we have around here is tree roots. I hit enough of those trying to build our house :roll: :roll: . Good luck in trying to figure away around this problem.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I believe you can rent a drill that will make a hole in the rock. But I would check the 4 hole first for rocks and any where else you will need to dig so if you can do everything at one time. Shelly

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of going bigger and just using that stupid boulder as a footing and pouring cement around the post sitting on it. But that means spending money (boo hiss) that I really didn't want to spend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts