The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Next due would be Sunny on March 3rd. She is as big as she is every year so I am guessing two huge twins like usual. Her udder is just starting to fill a little bit.

Then Cavatina is due March 5th, she looks a bit smaller to me than last year but this year she is deeper too. I suspect triplets or quads. She is just starting to fill too.

Now Belladonna is scaring me a bit. She is due in 26 days on March 20th but she is already getting a slight prolapse when she lays down or tries to itch her sides. it always goes back in but still concerns me. Aside for the concern she is looking wonderful. He FF udder is lovely considering how long out she is yet! Hers is almost the most developed thus far.

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Amberley is next being due March 24th. she is just barely starting to develop an udder. this poor little doe is always SO DRY SKINNED. I have treated her with Zinpro mineral and for mites, she has improved but UGH. I am considering culling her in the fall because of how miserably flaky, itchy and dry she is. I love her build and she is a sweet heart but what a sad trait.

While she could be last but not by far the least is Calypso. She is due April 7th and is just starting to udder up. Very excited to see how she develops and how she produces! He is much finer than most of my other does.

If she is bred she would be our last to kid around May 7th. Its hard to think she would be just because she short cycled like 3-4 times and she's a chunk! She is the buckskin on the left in the last pic

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So our kidding season is off to a great start!! Equanimitys Miss Lorraine 1*M was bred to Russian Ridge Maverick and gave birth to Quads! GORGEOUS kids I'm so happy!! They are as follows...

1st buck is a large dark gold with tons of moonspots, both black and silver spots, white poll. He is also polled. My neighbor who is also a breeder is begging me to keep him. He is stunning. I can't wait to see how he grows! If I decide to sell I have 3 people wanting him already LOL

2nd buck was a slightly smaller pale gold and white with frosting and a white poll. I believe he is horned. He may be spoken for :)

3rd was a Chamoisee doeling!! Not a single goat on this farm is Chami so grand parents played their part. She is GORGEOUS! Completely solid Chami with a with poll. I believe she is polled as well. I may retain her but we will see how the season treats us with kids.

Last was a breech buck. Pale gold with tons of moonspots, black and brown spots lol, frosting and a white poll. I think he is horned. He is spoken for already pretty much haha.

Its a good first kidding of the season. Momma is doing great and everyone is spunky.

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So Grandma Aria is definitely udderling up now! It doubled in size today and her ligaments are softening! Go Granny Go!!!
20210226_163248.jpg

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Update: still waiting for anyone else to pop. I am hoping we can sneak through tonight without kids because we are having a nasty cold snap of -12 at its worst. So far no one is showing any early signs. Ligs are loose but still there on Aria, Hope, and Daisy. I can't wait to see the FF udders double. Arias is large now but still fairly soft so still filling :)
20210228_215254.jpg
20210228_214814.jpg
20210228_214948.jpg

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So today is the big day for Aria I hope, she is talking up a storm and being super clingy. Ligaments are gone! and her udder is pretty full. barely any squish to it. plus when I check her udder instead of running away like this morning she sets up to nurse kids. Please please please!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
No would you believe everyone is outside sunning but no one is contracting or doing anything. I let granny out for the evening and I have been checking every hour and they are all just blah out in the sun. Ugh!

I do have a problem though. One of my FF does is prolapsing when she lays down, at first it was slightly but it's getting worse. She has 18 days left, it is Belladonna. She is sooooooo packed with kids, her side are hard all the time. I am scared for her to kid just because of how packed she seems to be. There is NO squish to her at all :( I have been giving her 4-6 tums daily for a week now trying to improve it. I have either CMPK or Calcium gluconate, I may even have both. It's only out when she's laying down but she has almost 3 weeks left. I'm scare for her. What do you guys think?

Attachments

41 - 60 of 116 Posts