The Goat Spot Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Aww! Congratulations! I love those ears! You take beautiful pictures of your kids! How come they are never blurry like mine?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
While we waiting for our next kidding from Belladonna, I did our first 12 hour fill. Stalling the kids over night (bottled them at night and in the morning), I milked Sunflower, Lorraine, Aria and Daisy this morning. Sunny and Lorraine are freaking amazing. I wish Lorrain had better attachment at the top of her udder but still I can't complain much. Our weights were as follows:

Sunflower - 3.05
Lorraine - 3.10
Aria (11 yrs old and today her udder only seemed 3/4 full)- 1.30
Daisy FF - 1.35

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
We had our first DHIR appointment of the season! Our totals were as follows for a 24 hour period:

Sunflower 6.75
Lorraine 6.05
Cavatina 3.6
Daisy 3
Aria 2.8
Hope 3.75

Not a bad start to the season!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Bella kidded Triplet doelings and all 3 are GORGEOUS!! Just happy! One is just a half pint lol! She's so itty bitty but so strong. Definitely retaining one of these girls!

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I have been slacking, Amberley Kidded triplets the other day 2 polled bucks and a liver chestnut sundgau looking doeling! Pretty kids!

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Its been a while since I have been on the site and things are wonderful! Some of the first kids have already gone home to their new owners. Our last doe to kid is at her due date, Madeline who was bred with Obsidian has come due. She's holding out right now as yesterday was the date, udder soft yet, ligs strongish. I think I felt 2 kids this morning. Hoping at least 2 but we shall see. She's pretty miserable these days LOL, lots of sitting!

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Well, we kidded LOL , it was really rough. Madeline wasn't dilating but had been contracting for a few hours. We manually dilated her literally over 45 mins to an hour. and after that spend another hour trying to get the kids positioned right. All were out of the bags. My friend that was here asked me so many times whether I wanted to save mom or the kids at this point. We had called the vets and they were on route but 50 mins out. One last thing we were trying was having me bear hug Madeline just in front if her udder and lifting her hind end up in the air. kids slid around a bit and Alison was able to get a leg of the first buck, the dark red and white boy and we pulled him out slowly. The next came out head first with out the legs forward, and the last was the doe and we had to use the lamb puller to get her out. Everyone is doing great and We couldn't be happier with these kids.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 127 Posts