The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed some fox glove in bloom in the goat pen. I know the flowers are poisonous to humans and assume they are not good for goats too. I picked the flowers and disposed outside the pen. I noticed that some leaves and tops of the buds have been nibbled on. In searching the web it seems all parts are bad. Should I pull the sole plants out? Its starting to pop up all over. I need to know so I can get out there and get it gone if need be. Also what should I watch for if they have eaten and are poisoned. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Hi Rachael,

We’ve got some fox glove in out goat pasture. I can sometimes see where it’s been nibbled on, but my guys mostly leave it alone. I have not had any problems, but I am try to get rid of it.

Perry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks perry. I went out and pulled it anyways. It seamed that they mostly left it alone. I did find something even more disturbing though. I think I have some poison hemlock in a low area. It looks like celery. Ive heard it can be deadly with one bite. It looked like it too was nibbled on too. I think I will have to fence off and spray. I'll do a Search on how to get rid of it. So far everyone is ok. Beter to just get rid of to be safe.

Thanks again
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top