The Goat Spot Forum banner

Freak accident

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  goathappy 
#1 ·
Before lunch I went outside because I heard my mom screaming. When I got out there, Tillie(the herd queen's fav daughter) had a string that much have been in the goat yard wrapped tightly around her neck 3 times then tangled in her legs. She was flopping around on the ground like a fish. We got the string off of her neck and gave her remedies for shock, pain, bleeding(she wasn't bleeding but just in case something internally) I checked her neck and there's a rope burn on it but no cuts. Her eyes are bloodshot and kinda swollen(probably from trauma)
Is there anything I should worry about as far as injuries go?
She's the second best kid born this year, I just hate it when things like this happen. :cry: Please pray she'll be ok. :blue:

#6 ·
I am so happy you were able to get to her in time. It sounds like much longer you would of lost her. Like the others said, watch for any signs of stress. I ALWAYS give Nutria Drench for ANY TYPE of stress at all. Good Job on catching her. She will come around to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.