Freaking out! *pics added*

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Crissa, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well Orion was being a pain in the butt yesterday (well can't completely blame him, I WAS upsetting Lyric) but he tried to headbutt me so I threw him on his side on the ground to sit on him for a minute and by chance looked at his testicles and saw two lumps!!! I'm going to get a picture of them whenever my dad gets home. I'm terrified it's CAE/CL. :tears: Luckily he's already seperated from Lyric and the baby.

If he does turn out to have it, what should I do? And what are the best places to get him tested at? Is there any way that they could possibly be something else? I'm about in tears, I already lost Lyrae I can't lose him too. And I have NEVER seen one of those abscesses on anyone else. :help:

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Re: Freaking out!

They aren't his teats swollen by chance are they?

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

No. It's at the very bottom of his scrotum. :(

4. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC

At the very bottom of his scrotum? One on each side like where each testicle is?

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Yes.

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

It's just like the hair is rubbed off right? If so then thats normal. Don't know why, but once the bucks seem to hit over 6 months of age they loose the hair on the very end of their balls. :shrug: :ROFL:

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Well, there's actually two lumps too. It's kind of hard to explain but they have grown on the bottom. At first that's what I thought, was just that he had managed to rub it all off, but then I touched them and they were definitely lumps. :tears:

I'm going to get some gloves and drain them to see what the pus looks like, it's supposed to look thick and cheese like if it's CL right?

8. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC

I'd make sure they were actually lumps and not part of his testicles. Especially if he has a slight split, the end of the scrotum looks like pronounced bumps, one of each side.

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Crissa....it would not be Cl. There are no lymph glands at the bottom of the testicles, don't worry.

I have a 5 year, 2 year and 1 year old bucks.....with each of them I notice a difference in their sacks. The 5 and 2 year old are bald and calloused at the bottom of the sac and each have testes that are small and firm at the bottom, softer as you go up towards the body...the yearling still has his fuzz and is not calloused but has the same feel to his testes as the older boys. If those lumps are squishy, then they are fluid filled, if they are firm and feel a part of the teste then they are normal.

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Okay, thanks so much liz! That makes me feel sooo much better. So if they feel soft should I try and lance them to see what's inside? Or what should I do?

11. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC

I wouldn't lance it. If it is an abscess for instance and you lance it before its ready you will do more harm than good. Lancing will open that part of the body to infection if the body has not walled it off from the testicles.

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I agree....I wouldn't even tap them with a needle as they are very cose to the dirt when he lays, any opening mafde will collect it and cause an infection.

He'll be fine, but do post a pic when you can....it will be different seeing "that" end of a buck on here, we see lots of udders!

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Okay. I'll get the pic if my dad ever gets home!

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

I wouldn't be too worried about it. But I agree, I wouldn't lace them. Too close to the testicals... you don't want to break him!

You can test him for cae and CL. It's a simple blood test and you sent it to WADDL or if you just want to test for cae you can send to Biotracking. MUCH cheaper and it's still an elisa test so it's accurate.

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

I probably will, I just need to try and get them to cooperate long enough for me to get the blood. :roll:

Here's the pictures, the abcesses are soft.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He was definitely not thrilled with this.

16. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Yeah...looks like a normal scrotum to me.

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep, It looks like Nasty goat balls to me. :thumbup:

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Are you sure? Because Chase didn't have them. I trust you all though! He's going to the vet soon to have a check up anyways so I'll just mention it to the vet. :wink:

19. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I was reading this topic and was saying to myself...I hope they calm her down before she goes out there with a knife and ... :GAAH: :ROFL: Sorry, I know it's not funny... :ROFL: My bucks "packages" are all different too...but they generally look like what you've got there Crissa.

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    lol, I wasn't going out without someone telling me yes or no. :wink: I'm just really paranoid right now, especially with the babies around now. After losing Lyrae it's like every little thing is magnified.