The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am a fairly new farmer but within 3 years my herd grew from 3 to 25 animals. Needless to say I had to find a way to keep track of my animals, their meds, etc so I created this chart which I keep in a 3-ring binder at the barn - each page in a plastic page protector. I hope you guys can use it.
I have also created an Excel spread sheet with all my animals at a glance. I will be happy to share that with anyone who may be interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would be interested in seeing your excel sheets for your animals if you wouldn't mind! I've been looking for a good way to keep track of them on excel. If you would please email me them at [email protected]. That would be fantastic!

·
Registered
29,851 Posts
very nice job...I use something simular ...:D

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Would you please send me a copy of this? This is awesome! I could use something like this instead if my chicken scratch lol.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to but for some reason it's not letting me attach the Word document into this page.
I will be happy to e-mail it to you directly, please send me your address to [email protected] and I'll reply with the attachment.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am going to look into Kintrax, although I am not an animal breeder, just a very senile hobby farmer. To tell you how bad I am, I once vaccinate the same goat twice in the same day.
I only have 25 animals but it does get overwhelming at times so these charts came in quite handy.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
You did a very nice job!! One thing I want to share as I have learned over the years having human kids is keep more then one copy!!!! I have my binder that I write everything in, then about once a week or so I put it all on the computer, save it, then print so its easy to read. That way if my kids decide to have their art time on my paper I still have it on the computer, and if something goes wrong with my computer I have the paper ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's just a MS Word document, very simple. I would be happy to email it to anyone, just send me your e-mail address OR e-mail me directly at [email protected].

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Since you guys like the Animal Chart so much, I thought you may also like the All-Animals-At-A-Glance chart I have created.
Attached is a sample with my animals but I would be happy to send you a clean copy if you think you could use it.

I created this one using Excel and it has some really cool features. For example, I took digital pictures of each animal and linked them to this chart so when you click on their name their picture pops up. Also, the little red triangles in the corners of some of the boxes indicate that there is more info in that box like the one shown for Mackie on 6/29/12.

If you will notice, at the very bottom there are 2 tabs: The second Tab is the the De-Worming chart on which I listed when I de-wormed them, what meds I used and what quantity for each animal since some of them were only a few months old.
Let me know if you guys want that one as well. I will have to e-mail it to you. The one you see is a picture of the document but the one I would be sending you is the actual Excel document.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Call me old-fashioned, but each of my animals has a file with their bill of sale, registry certificate(s) and a health record :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts