The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I’m the one who wrote before about letting my goats go free range except for the billy whoever is restrained on a 200 ft line with water..red..etc...the girls story by him often...it works out amazingly...until this one moments today I was nursing sick rabbits and I saw three goats running run through our field..oh no!! Chester was lose! I yelled Chris who mossed out with a sandwich, all while they’re scampering across yard I’m terrified they’ll runaway...Chris says it’s no big deal...Chester likes me...anyway..long story short.he gotten him quickly. But the point is...if the the girls are pregnant would they still be running after him? If they’re not would he just be relentless with them? Plus we have decided to sell Chester once the does are pregnant. Any tips except for the bloodwork?anyway to do it at home another way?the vet is very far away. Ok thanks

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
You can order supplies online, watch videos, draw blood, and mail it to a laboratory for pregnancy and disease testing all on your own without a vet if you are so inclined!

Goat heats are very easy to track, every 21 days, you should see the does flagging their tails madly and presenting their back ends to the buck.

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
Oh and also it's very unlikely for goats to run away from home if they've been settled in there for a few weeks and recognize their shed or barn as a safe spot. At the first sign of trouble or a good spook they should run for their barn, or at dusk. My whole herd free ranges about 100 acres at times, I don't watch them and they never run away!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts