Free Speech? They're taking it away!

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by ozarksvalley, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
  2. moonspinner

moonspinner Member

Oct 5, 2007
    western NY
    When I first read the bill it seemed to make sense and benign enough - who wouldn't want to nip possible violence in the bud. But then it occured to me this is already covered in the constitution. Those who seriously commit or even threaten force are already subject to arrest. So for the legislators to actually formulate this bill suggests to me that they intend to tighten the noose around the parameters of free speech - make it easier to lower the boom on actions that would otherwise pose no real harm. A a "sit in" in itself does not constitute "force" and in fact, is protected under the constitution (right to assemble).
    That this has so much overwhelming political support is scary, and furthermore that it has not been widely publicized it very worrisome. This country is becoming a police state under the guise of protecting us all from terrorism - and most people don't even realize it, which is the scariest aspect of all. Is "one world government" really just a never can happen concept?

3. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    Very well stated, Moonspinner.