The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
6 yo TB gelding. 17 hands. Western Washington.
This is a horse I've trained for the past four years. He's big and cool. He's a little sore at the moment and needs some time off and some TLC. I'm confident he will return to soundness and make a nice riding horse for an experienced rider. No bad habits. The pic is him winning a few weeks ago. PM me.
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
Ive got one word for him..WOW!!!!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
You know. I used to know a girl in Chico CA that did eventing. She would have loved something like him. She took a retired thoroughbred and made him into her event horse, the only thing she didn't like about him was he was short for a thoroughbred (15.3) She wanted more height because they can generally jump better with more height. I don't have a clue how to get in touch with her now, so that is no help but if she looked for that other eventers must too. Have you thought about advertising him at some eventing barns? Or do you think the jumping would be too much for him? I know that he isn't sound now and needs time off. If jumping would be too much maybe a dressage barn?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well he is pretty dapple grey. I hope someone gives him a good home. If you were in the same state as me he could come stay at my house as a pasture pet til either someone wanted to put him back to work or just forever really. With him being that light now, he will probably be almost white when he gets a little older.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He is very flashy! If he has a nice extended trot he could make a great dressage horse or hunter. I'm sure you'll find him a home in no time, around here people buy greys like they're going out of style! Lol People are always searching for flashy prospects. ;)

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He will turn mostly white. I think he will still have that dappled pattern though. Ex race horses make good riding horses as they have been handled so much throughout their life. They usually settle down when they leave the track since going fast is what makes them edgy and they associate the race track with going fast. This particular TB is easy to keep weight on, which is not always the case with TBs. He is super big, which could appeal to a tall rider.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would take him in a heart beat if I had a way to get him. My place is small, but I have access to mountains all around. Wish I had a way to get him here to Wyoming! UGhh, He is so pretty!
Laura

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hope you find a good home for him. We have a 1 acre horse pasture that the previous owners had a horse in -- there is a local horse sanctuary here in town (they have been around for a while and are a thriving part of our town they teach draft horse harnessing, gymnkana, childrens horsemanship etc....we had a membership over the summer)
here is a link THEY ARE NOT HOARDERS

http://purposeranch.com/aboutus.html

we are down in northern CA though....

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
6 yo TB gelding. 17 hands. Western Washington.
This is a horse I've trained for the past four years. He's big and cool. He's a little sore at the moment and needs some time off and some TLC. I'm confident he will return to soundness and make a nice riding horse for an experienced rider. No bad habits. The pic is him winning a few weeks ago. PM me.
Tim
He is such a good looker! I wish my hubby would let me take on another horse but I know his answer would be no at the moment. I do know a trainer that I use to do equine massage for that reschools OTTB's. If you like I could check with them to see if they are interested? I worked on a few that had injuries that needed long rest times and she was great with them. One took 2 years down time for a knee injury and was retrained afterwards. She normally does resale them though after they are proven healthy, safe, sound and retrained. She just tries to ensure them good homes.

He actually reminds me of a Skip Away horse that she retrained years back.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Wow ! Gorgeous animal ! Wish I had the other barn built , I would take him ! Got to wait till Spring though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts