Freewebs?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Dec 16, 2009.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I'm thinking about making a site using freewebs. Are they pretty easy to make,update,and load pictures to? Can you only have a certain number of pages,amount of text,or pictures? When signing up, do you put your herd/farm name as the title? What category should I use? I'm planning on sending in papers to become an ADGA member soon so I figured I should get started asap and that a website would help. :)

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I use feewebs and it is fairly easy to navigate to build your site...having a photobucket account makes it really easy to upload pics too.

Using your herd name as your user id helps to keep it in your web address.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes I would use your herd name as your web address. like mine is End of the Line so I have www.endofthelinefarm.webs.com

Very simple and intuitive to use :thumb:

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I use Freewebs as well. ;) It's a fun site and fairly easy to use.

5. The only thing I have ever heard to be neg, and it was some time ago, was the adds that pop up. However, they may have gotten better about that over the years?

6. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I made a site, but I can't figure out how to get pics on it. :? I was trying to use photobucket.

7. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Does anyone know how to get pics from your phone onto webs? :? and how do I change the size of my herd name at the top of the page?

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if its part of the design template -- then no you cant change the size of that.

email the pictures from your phone to yourself. THen save the pictures to your computer :thumb:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have had freewebs for years. I wish I could change my website name because I have to use www.freewebs.com/sweetgoats. I would much rather be able o do it like they are now, just the webs.com. I am sure I could change it but I have about 500 business cards out with my address.

All you do to add a picture (ok bear with me, I am not looking at it) to add a picture. When you get to the add a new paragraph, the box is there, well there are the things round the font choice, if you put your courser over them it will say add picture or whatever. I would do it that way rather then putting the picture in their file. Does that make since? I hope so. It is a lot easier to do it that way.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Lori you can change it. go to your site and there is a option for doing freewebs.com/sweetgoats or www.sweetgoats.webs.com as your default :wink:

but right now I just did the www.sweetgoats.webs.com and you site came up :thumb: :greengrin:

11. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Yes-if you change the domain name-the old one will also work-even the ones on the business cards will still link up to the new one you create- It is $19.95 per year to get rid of the ads and to have more pages with pics-then it can be www.sweetgoats.net or com or something like that.Basically you are buying the name. mine used to be www.freewebs.com/heathersboers-you can click on that and it goes to my site either way.To change the size of the Title -you have to navigate to the Header section, and fiddle with that- I have had webs for about 3 years now- It gets easier the more you mess with it....

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

REALLY???? WOW you are great.

I was afraid to change it thinking everyone that has my site would not get to it again. :leap: :cool:

13. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I've seen on some people's sites where they have something that tells you how many visits have been to your site, like " you are visitor 689" where can I get one of those? I think I have everything else ok for now, not the best pics but they will have to do

14. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Its a gidget or something like that- I believe you can add it through webs-when you get to a page you are going to edit-it is Add-ons (one of the green bars)-on the left-you can get one there i believe

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep it is on the set up. I do not remember where but it is. I will see if I can find it on my site. I have to go update my site for the new babies anyway. I have so many people with reservations that they are driving me nuts (in a GREAT way) wanting to see them all.

16. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

A guestbook is nice to put on websites too.
    Once you get everything set up, they have recommendations when you sign into your account about how to get your website recognized by more people. I also have a free graph when I log in that shows me how many people have looked at my site each day.
    I like using the freewebs. They are pretty easy to use & nice about giving extra tips.

17. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

I figured out the thing for the number of visitors,not sure if its working though,because the page didn't want to save,so I may have to go back and fix it. :whatgoat: Anyone else that has guestbooks,do you like them?

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I rarely use mine and you should add a form page -- like my waiting list or my stud service page. http://www.endofthelinefarm.com/studser ... cation.htm

you can make them for whatever you like -- I even have one for general questions and comments. Because on the guest book people may add their email address but its never given to me via freewebs so if someone has a question its left unanswered becasue I cant email them back! very frustrating.

and for that reason I was thinking of deleting my guestbook.

But when first starting a website its fun to have a guestbook to see who is visiting.