The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who just got 2 new boar bucks that are about 5 months old a couple of days ago. one is doing great, the other is trying to nurse from the other and is not really interested in food. she saw them eating grain when she went to look at them,b so he had a good appetite. I've never had a problem with this before. is it just stress? or was he weaned late? any ideas?? or suggestions to get him to stop?

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
I have a friend who just got 2 new boar bucks that are about 5 months old a couple of days ago. one is doing great, the other is trying to nurse from the other and is not really interested in food. she saw them eating grain when she went to look at them,b so he had a good appetite. I've never had a problem with this before. is it just stress? or was he weaned late? any ideas?? or suggestions to get him to stop?
Trying to nurse the other buckling? They may have just been occasionally nursing mom still and were not completely weaned. But he should be fine soon. Just make sure they have the normal food out and can get to it. He may lose a bit of weight but probably not too much. If he is trying to "nurse" the other buck's penis.... i do not know what to do for that. Sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts