From Anywhere to WA

Discussion in 'Transport Terminal' started by MachoCabrío, May 1, 2009.

1. MachoCabrío

MachoCabrío New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Pacific Northwest
    Hello!

Are there folks out there that make trips to the Seattle-Tacoma region of Washington?

We are looking to figure out some ways of tapping the "Silk Road" of quality goats. Oregon, California, Texas, back East...where you at? ...and, will you come here? -grins-

Thank you much!
    Hecky

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, I live in Coeur d'Alene (or close enough) which is next to Spokane Washington. And we make trips to the coast (seattle, tacoma, lynwood areas) every few months. I have a tendency to go to Moses lake often (meeting spot to pick up goats) and North. I don't go south very often though

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I go up to Kelso, WA quite often to meet new owners. . . that is about 45 miles north of Portland, so not near Seattle but kinda getting sorta close. ;)

I am looking into getting a couple goats shipped in next year and have been on the lookout for someone who would like to get some too, maybe we could split the shipping costs, if the kids can ride in the same crate together? I am looking at Twin Creeks and Old Mountain Farm. . . couldn't be until 2010 though as I am poor, poor this year, due to a trip to Europe.

4. MachoCabrío

MachoCabrío New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Pacific Northwest
    I didn't know Moses Lake was a hot spot for goat transport!

Capriola...let me know if we can put kids into one carrier. I potentially would be interested in splitting the $250-350 shipping cost for 2010.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    It just seems to be that is midway for when I am buying goats over that way to "meet in the middle" - LOL!

I am heading that way tomorrow if you want me to put something in the truck for you :wink:

6. MachoCabrío

MachoCabrío New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Pacific Northwest
  7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That's the gal that recently bought a buck and doe kid from me! She was so sweet! :)

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah, that is Joe's half brother (same dam). I am really starting to wonder if the dam is throwing this, as these are the only ones that I have seen out of her lines with that hair.

Thanks for thinking about me!