from bottle to pan

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nhsmallfarmer, Apr 5, 2009.

1. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    well Mike is now 2 weeks old, an very hungry little guy, he insists on sucking on anything and everything, I swear he knows his name when I call him ( I know its just cuz I am his momma after all i have the bottle, :ROFL: )
    I have had him dehorned, that actually went well, they couldnt band him due he hasnt dropped yet :scratch: :shrug:
    well this am I went out there with his bottle (he gets 3 12oz bottles a day, he munches on grain & hay now) I decided to pour his milk in a bowl thinking " :doh: yeah right like he is just going to drink from a pan" I placed him infront of the pan and what do you know he sucked it all up like he had done it before :leap:
    Hubby and I have though about training him to be a pack goat or to pull a cart not sure yet, course he is for sale, but things are not really selling around here and I refuse to sell him to a meat dealer for 15 bucks (no pun intended) so if i cant sell him I will see about training him any advice?
    thanks for listening to me rambel

2. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I don't bottle feed my kids and when I go out they come a' running. When I let them out to run for awhile they still come running for scratches and love.

Goats do learn there names. If I call Chey she looks and comes over, unless she thinks it is not going to be good, then when I call her name she runs lol.

I think a teaching a goat to pack or pull would be so much fun. I love the cultivator on Hoeggars http://hoeggergoatsupply.com/xcart/product.php?productid=3502&cat=22&page=1

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that's good ....he knows how to take the bottle and the pan.....just be sure you clean the pan really well ....after each use..... :wink: