Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatshows, Jun 11, 2009.

1. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I recently sent out my AGS registration to ADGA to get my ADGA registration. Well last friday I got my member dictonary and my member hand book but not my registrations. :scratch: Now it has almost been a week now and I still havent seen my registrtions.

I have a show in two weeks and need my registrations! As it is I already missed one show because I dident have my registrations.

Is it me or have they been slow thi year. I only have ONE goat I am registering and I sent the paperwork to AGS in April! Expecting it would be done with AGS and ADGA in mid May. Now here it is June and I am still waiting on my reistrations for this one doe. :veryangry: :hair: :GAAH:

sorry just had to vent!!
  2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Have you called either office to see what is going on? It took me only 2 weeks to get my papers back.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I would call them. I finally got my papers from Adga today! Still waiting on the AGS. I feel your pain as I told you at the show. lol :GAAH: :GAAH: :GAAH:
  4. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I emailed ADGA to see if it was processed and they said it was sent in a diffrent package. well that was 6 days ago. It should only take 2 or 3 days to get here from north carolina. Ags it was already proceesed and I have seen it but sent it to ADGA to get my girl ags/cgs reregistered. I will give them till monday and if I dont recieve it I will contact them again.
  5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    AGS was pretty slow with registering some kids for us this year. ADGA was pretty fast about transferring a doe. . .

I do feel your pain though!
  6. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    That's really weird. I see a lot of you guys complain about ADGA and whatnot. I have NEVER had any problems with them and have never had any trouble calling and talking to someone if needed. I just registered one of my babies. I mailed it on Thursday and it was back to me in my mailbox on Tuesday and I'm in California. I've never had any registrations or transfers take more than 4 days including mailing time. Wonder what the difference is :shrug:
  7. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    This is the busy season! ADGA usually completes work very quickly, but right now they are swamped b/c everyone registers around this time of year. Two-three weeks is pretty standard right now.

One reason I love the online system, they send out your pedigrees in only a few days, regardless of the time of year-and it's cheaper too.

I considered switching to AGS for the price break, but ADGA offers so many more services, especially the online functions (like registration and planned pedigree, etc), that I decided it was worth the extra $$.

For what it's worth, I have never had an issue with ADGA that couldn't be resolved with a simple phone call, they have always been friendly and helpful, even when swamped with calls. And I have been a member for a looong time! LOL
  8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They probably get tons of e-mails and cannot answer them may take a while ...a simple phone call... will get you an answer real quick.....they can tell you ..if it is on the way or they are still working on it ....or at times ....there may be an error or question on the paperwork.. that has to be resolved before ....registration can be mailed out.....
    Good luck.... :wink: :greengrin:
  9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I usually get my AGS back between 2-4 weeks after sending. Don't know why but AGS is slower. NDGA is even worse. It can be 2 months before I get it back. Sometimes I forget about it and remember it later and check my calendar for when I sent it. LOL

ADGA however, being that they're close (NC and I'm in SC), it takes just a week or so. If I register online its just 3-4 days.
  10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry you are waiting so long :hug:
    I've just dealt with AGS and NDGA before and they both were very quick, I got papers back within 2 weeks time.
  11. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well I got my papers back but only my AGS. They said that they need a record of all owners and the transfer dates since the birth of the goat. the ags papers are transfred into my name. why do they need this? they want a printed record or signed bills of sales.
  12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I believe that they require these for proof that the goat listed on the certificate is indeed the goat you have, especially if this is a new ADGA registration and not just a transfer.