Frustrated!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RunAround, Jul 24, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I can't get this stupid doe of mine bred. I've been trying to get her bred since Feb. I've tried lute then leaving her in with the buck. I've tried housing her right next to bucks. I've tried leaving her in with the buck for about 3 weeks. She WONT get bred. I am so frustrated. :hair: :hair: :hair:

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'm so sorry. :hug: Those kind of things can be so frustrating!...maybe it's just not in the cards for her? If she's a really nice doe that you just can't part with then that's great, but if not, maybe you should consider selling her to a pet home?? But I sure am sorry to hear that.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well I can sell her and I'm pretty close to it. It's just that her mom died last year and I can't make another of her so to speak. I also sold her sister this year, so the line kind of ends with her. :(

4. I can understand, if it were me I would leave the doe in with your buck and see what happens if you want to keep her, after six months of that, I would sell her. Do you have more then one buck? Sometimes the doe just needs a new feller...hehe :wink:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    There is a vitamin supplement on Jeffers - starts with a V - I think it is called Vionate - that has had good results for some with getting girls bred and making it through pregnancy!!! I would give that a try

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    im having the same problem but with a buck....he just hides in his house while the doe is standing outside flagging and trying to mount everything :sigh:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ashley, maybe either try a different buck or Lute her and then hold her for him everyother day for a week...it might work that way :shrug:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Tried diff bucks. Tried lute and in with the buck for about 3-5 days. Even saw the buck breed her.

I think I'm just going to try putting her out with the buck's for a couple months now. And IF she gets preggy then I will worry about who's they are. :shrug:

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So she's either being particular or there is something going on that she's not settling. Leaving her with the boys would be ideal then , worry about the parentage when the time comes. In the meantime, is there any way that you can get a doe kid from her sister? Maybe contact the owner and explain the situation and see if that is a reasonable request.

10. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I'm sorry... :hug: ..... Is she going into heat?.......I think that Sarah (goathappy) has something that you can give her for that...You could ask her...hope that helps! :greengrin:

11. My thoughts exactly. Sometimes when you let thing go as they will, it will surprise you.

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    There are homeopathics you can try. Can't remember all of the off the top of my head but I believe one is Sepia.

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I pray... that it works out for you.. RunAround... :hug: :pray:

Sarah....that is a great idea... it may just work.... :wink: :greengrin:

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I find that does I want to breed in the Spring for Fall kiddings, won't go in heat. But they always come in heat in the Fall so if she hasn't settled thus far, she should definitely give you some raging heats in the Fall months and you should have no trouble breeding her. Good luck!

16. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

poly cystic overies?
    beth