Frustrating

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sparks879, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

So i was just out feeding and poked at my doe that i thought was due MArch 28th, i couldn;t feel anything, she was starting to look fat, but who knows. Well when i came back in and got out my records to redord a late breeding one one of my soon to be yearlings i realized that JuJus actual due date is march 18th. In years past i have been able to feel babies by now.
    All of my does had apeared to have settled In November and december, now i have all those does that are showing no signs of being bred even though they havn't come back into heat. I had one doe that was suposed to be due early march, i brought a new buck home about three weeks ago and she has gone into heat again. Why hasn't anyone gone into heat sinse november and december and now they are suddenly going into heat? Im afraid im not going to have any babies until june now if that, maybe later. this is so frustraing, im afraid im going to miss all the april and may shows as well as having a lot of really late and small kids.
    beth

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That is disappointing- Hopefully maybe some took?

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I hope some actually took for you, that's odd though :?

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hmm maybe they are having singles?

Something wacky - I feel for you though :(

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I hope some took. I looked at all my breeding records again, my two yearlings would be due in april, so if they took i would have older junior kids. But if juju doesn't kid when she is suposed to no int. kids. Chrome is due at the begining of april so if she goes a few days early i could still have some int kids with her.
    I didn't feel jujus belly las year, as i only got her a week or so before she kidded as she was pretty wild. She is a long doe who hides kids well. i thought she would only havea single last year but had two big boer buck crosses. So maybe she is just hiding them well.
    beth

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well we will cross our fingers with you then

7. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I m having the same problem, I feel your pain.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know, I have been doing this for years. I have NEVER been able to feel the babies. Now maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have very large does, that have a lot of room to hide those babies.
    What about the butt? Can you take a picture and let us TRY to see if it looks like a Prego butt or not.

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yes, i have heard some people say they can't feel babies at all during pregnancy. My gils are a little on the small side. They tend to get hard underneath right in front of the udder. And usually the last month to six weeks i can feel little rock like lumps moving around.
    AS for the butt pictures, no one really looks bred from behind, of course it was getting dark last night so maybe i will go check again. As of now i don't have a camera i can take pictures on and get them on the computer. For some reason i need a better something for my card reader for my camera. And my parents have theirs and are on a mini vacation right now.
    beth

10. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    With the exception of The Blimp (nubian) and one of the FF Boers, nobody really looks very pregnant. They hide it well. There is one FF i never did see discharge or buck semen on. So by the end of Feb I will be tearing my hair out. If you all think I don't make much sense normally just wait!

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOl yes kidding season is my season to rip my hair out as well. and if i have to wait until april wow i don't know if i can deal with this. Especially sinse i just applied for another part time job over in Snohomish, thats nearly an hour each way plus an eight hour shift. if i get it. How do you guys who work bottle feed? I have always lived close enough to home that i can go home at my lunch hour and give bottles. But thats going to be ten or more hours in between bottles. How do new babies do it? It just seems like so long. For the first few nights i have always put babies in rubbermade containers in the bedroom, we usually only have a few babies a year so its easy. But they never fail to wake up and be hungry right around one in the morning.
    beth

12. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Oh Beth yeah I can relate too. Let me know if you do get to work in Snohomish..maybe we can meet up for a cup of coffee or something!

We try not to do bottle feeding around here but its usually inevidible. I don't really work outside the home...was thinking of applying at the new Fred Meyer but what new employer gonna grant baby leave!!

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

oh nancy with the weather as cold as it is a cup of coffee sounds wonderful! I was just over at a friends house playing with babies and such and i was plain freezing. All the mud is frozen thatsthe nice part...lol. i got in my car and cranked up the heat!
    beth