Frustration with Chickens

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by PznIvyFarm, Sep 27, 2010.

1. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Ha! Now I'm the one that doesn't feel so bad..... I have the 'crazy goat lady' label around here because anyone coming from another farm that wants to be a 'looky-lou' has to put on a pair of bio-boots (just the plastic boot covers w/elastic bands to go over most any shoe size). I also keep a pair in each vehicle in case I go to someone else's place that has critters. People think I'm absolutely paranoid. They don't understand how just one illness brought onto the property can - if you're lucky - cost a lot of time and $ to resolve. If you're not lucky, it can be devastating.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure......"

2. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    oh gosh, i didn't even think about the goats. I always worry about chicken diseases. No one who has come to visit the babies so far lives on a farm so i thought that was ok.

Can i get plastic boot covers at tsc?

I have some 4-Her coming to see the babies on Sunday, and last time they came, they looked at the goats from outside the fence, but im sure this time they will want to play with them. I let the daddy's owner come visit, but i know hers are free of CAE, CL, etc.