The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I milked Faith this morning and we'd already fed and we'd just recently poured out the alfalfa pellets. Nearly forgot to check ligaments so I walked around and started checking all the "possibles". To my surprise as I approached Fuchsia I could see already her udder was HUGE!!! Doubled overnight as her ligaments were hard yesterday and I figured she'd wait till April. Felt ligaments NONE!!!! So I put her up in the walk way area and prepped a stall really fast and put her in. She's already having really good contractions. She kidded standing last time and that's when I see her double over so I don't think it'll be long! I was not prepared!!!!!!!! I ran up to wash more towels as there weren't many left in the bucket. Most had been hoses off but just not washed so I grabbed them and have them in the wash now. YIKES!!!! Didn't think this would happen!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She'd be way overdue for Stedman so they're Rue's. DARN!!! More Rue kids. He's got really nice kids, but I'm just swimming in his kids! Cruiser's wouldn't be due till the 6th so too early. So looks like more Rue babies. I do hope there's doelings!!! She's kidded 3 times and produced 8 kids and only 1 was a doe! Come on with the pink!!!!!!!!! :girl:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Triplets 2 bucks and a doe. The first buck is all gold with a small belt, second buckling is gold and white, very flashy. The doe is black with frosted ears and a belt.

·
Registered
439 Posts
EEEK! You got a doeling! :stars: WOO HOO!! GO FUSCIA! :boy: :boy: :girl: :leap: :love: I bet they are adorable.

·
Registered
580 Posts
WOOHOO!!! I love babies! Cant wait to see pictures!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was starting to seriously doubt they were Rue's until the girl who bought Iris from me last fall sent me pictures of her new baby doe. She bought her and brought her to me to be bred to Rue and she doesn't own a buck so its Rue's its black and white. So yes it appears Rue carries black!

Pictures...
Y21 buck...

Y22 buck...

Y23 doe...

She is the smallest of the 3.

So yep they're Rue's!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know what I'm doing yet. I don't plan to keep them all that's for sure. I haven't decided yet if I'll keep the doe and sell the one I was planning to keep from Blossom or not. I already have one Blossom daughter, that's Nottie. So we'll see. I'm undecided right now.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
She nearly snuck this one in on me. I knew she was up to something though by her demeanor lately. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts