Fudgie Kidded!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Mar 28, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    After what seemed like the longest pre-labor ever!! She started getting uncomfortable and squawking (we actually call her the "opera singer" at 1am on Friday. Uncomfortable all day yesterday, crying, panting. . . it was really worrying us because there was no discharge -- just not moving along very well and her cha-cha looked so small and puckered! She is my mom's goat and was raised on a bottle from day three, so is very, very special to my mom.

Anyways, took her forever but she got down to business about 9:30pm -- pushing without a whole lot of progress. Called the vet and she talked me through it. Told me not to pop bubbles or anything, just in case. After a lot of work from Fudge a baby girl was born (HUGE!) and then a baby boy (very big too)! She is such a great mother, I hardly had to do any drying off, she cleaned them up and I helped them get nursing. They are big, healthy, and active. :)

Boy is Charleston Chew - "Chuckles" for short.
    Girl is Divinity Amira - "Divine" for short. They are both caramels. One of them is a medium caramel and the other a light. Not sure which is which at this time but I think it's the girl. ;) They both look very similar though.

Anyways, glad that's over!!

Try to get pics later. . .

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on the kids!! :girl: :boy:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats......glad it ended well....can't wait for pics :leap:

4. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!! :girl: :boy:

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats on two BIG healthy kids. Give momma an extra hug, she deserves it after pushing out 2 big kids!

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats! :clap:

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, yeah she got a big hug, warm molasses water (chugged that right down!) and lots of fresh hay. She's doing really great with motherhood. She is a bit "high-strung," a nervous goat, not nervous about people but just always so busy. . . some goats are just like that and she is. So, these babies will keep her busy! :)