The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've *just* joined AGS. How long does it usually take them after receiving payment to give me a username and password? How long after that can I register my herd name?

Sorry :oops:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
the website is all new this year -- I dont even know my username and password :shrug:

AGS isnt the fastest at things -- so dont expect anything for a couple weeks

you could have registered your herd name at the same time you sent in for membership.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHAT?! How? I paid for an individual membership through Paypal, I still don't even see a form for registering a herd name.... Ugh!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... then this is really lame. They state several times that the membership year runs Jan 1-Dec 31... If they're lolly gagging for a few weeks to send my stuff to even register a herd name, then *my* year shouldn't start until I get the crap. lol

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, I just want a freakin' username and password so I can register a herd name. I wonder if that gets emailed or snail mailed? :roll:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I just registered with the ADGA, and it took 3-4 weeks to get my stuff. Then, I just registered my herd name, and it took *maybe* at most a week to get that. Go figure...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's my concern. Is it going to take a month to get my membership and then another month to register a herd name? What a pita. lol

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
depends if its a high volume time or not

contact AGS by email - they are fairly fast at responding. I have never used their website for paying for membership so I dont know the response time on that. Just ask them -- the ladies in the office are nice

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay...

So I got my AGS packet in the mail. It came with some registration papers, service memos and transfer papers, but no return envelopes or herd name application. I've got a membership # but that apparently isn't the same as my username, I can't find crap on their website. This makes me want to tear my hair out.

Correction. Now I've found pdf files on their site. Can I fill these in and email them? I can pay directly threw paypal. Or do I have to print them and mail them? If so, that sucks because I'm out of ink. :GAAH:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stacey told me that the online stuff is all new this year, so everything was done snail mail before...

So, I'll have to hand write everything and send it out. Next question... If I'm transferring does, I don't have to send the original registry certificates, right? Just the transfer paper?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Are the previously registered with AGS? I recently got two does registered with AGDA, so I transferrred them to my name. Once I get the new registry papers (I understand from the AGS) that I have to send photocopies of the registry certificates from AGDA to register with the AGS...is this what you are asking? Mine will be dual registered...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They're both already registered with AGS. And Moony is registered with NDGA. I guess I should figure that out too. Do I need a separate transfer slip for that? Ugh. 900 registries drives me nuts.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aha :D Got a response from AGS.

Hi Michelle, You cannot at this time technically register a herd name online per say. You can pay $11 via paypal and in the comments section you can list your herd name and tattoo choices, or you can call and do it over the phone via credit card.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
see I told you emailing them would be fastest :)

as to the transfers - you need to sent the actual purple paper certificate -- that way they can reprint it and put your name in the owner line ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts