Fulton Co. Fair!!

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Dover Farms, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    The fair started today!!! Yippee!! We took the goaties up yesterday. They limit me to 5 goats, so I have Marla, Carizma, Flirt, Robin, and MG(the market goat) up there. The 4-H show is Labor day at 2pm. The time sucks, especially for the milkers, but we won't get them to change. People think "Oh they are just goats" and the sheep people would have a fit if we switched times. They've always shown at 8am on Labor day in the sale arena. And we can't show in the other show arena, Spangler, cause of the dairy cow show. Oh well...maybe someday we'll get it through their heads! :roll: The open show is on Wed. and we will be bringing up 5 more, as the other 4 are already there.

Oh and I forgot to post this before, but last Sat. we had the Defiance Co. Fair open show. It was a nice, small show..the judge was Tom Rucker. We took 9 does(4 milkers, 5 kids) and we did pretty good! Here are the results:

Lilu - 5 and up - 1st
    Marla - 2 year old - 1st
    Brook - milking yearling - 1st then she went RGCH to the 3 year old
    Carizma - milking yearling - 2nd
    Flirt - Sr. kid - 1st
    Mimzy - Jr. kid - 2nd
    Robin - Jr. kid - 5th
    Mercedes - Jr. kid - 6th
    Piper(RG) - Int. kid - 1st then she went GCH earning her dry leg

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Great job Jacque!! Hope the rest of the shows go well for you! :cool:

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks great!!! Hope the other show goes just as good as this one did! :greengrin: :thumb: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a nice showing at the last show :thumb:

2pm isnt bad -- just milk them out later the day before. All our shows are in the afternoon for the Sr does and it works out ok

Good luck and let us know how you do :greengrin:

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Just a quick update!

The 4-H show was today and I did really well! Here's the results:
    I got 2nd in showmanship with Robin, a Jr. kid.
    Flirt got 6th(she would have done better, but she was stressed and breaking in the pastern)
    Marla got 4th
    Carizma got 2nd
    Market Goat got 1st then went RGCH and beat a BOER!!! A DAIRY WETHER!! WOO HOO! This is my 8th year in 4-H and I hadn't seen that yet!
    Robin got 1st then went GCH....just like her mommy last year. :greengrin:

It was a great day!! The only thing I had a problem with is the sheep show ran over and my girls were uddered up for too long. I couldn't milk them out right when I was done showing them, because dry classes followed immediately, but they were alright so that's good.

Open show is Wednesday morning and the sale is at night....

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations.

WOW I can not believe they made the goats wait so long. That is horrible. Someone needs to rethink how to schedule the classes. If our dairy goats are to full and the judge can tell the goat is just to uncomfortable, they will excuse them form class to go milk out a bit to release the pressure. (It must be a man that did the casses, he would never know how bad it hurts. :shrug: )

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congratulations to the goats and you on the placings at the fairs! :thumb: WTG Robin! :stars: Certainly lots of activity for you all and great accomplishments.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats.... :thumbup: :greengrin:

9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone!!

Tuesday I had cart and pack. I got 2nd in my 1st year cart class with MG even though he wasn't worked with! :oops:

We had the open goat show yesterday.

Lilu - 1st class of 1
    Marla - 4 class of 4(she's too small and needs more body capacity...time will help)
    Brook - 1st class of 3(she has been "undefeated" every time we have shown her this year!)
    Carizma - 2nd same class as Brook
    Mercedes - 6 class of 7
    Mimzy - 5 same class as Mercedes
    Robin - 1st same class as Mercedes and Mimzy then went RGCH to a very nice Sr. doe kid. :greengrin:

And I sold MG last night. He went for $300 and he was Reserve. The Grand Champ went for $750. We brought the girls home last night. Today is the last day of the fair, but for me...yesterday was the last day! lol I had fun, but I'm glad it's over....now to just get rid of this cold. :wink: