Fun stuff n Goat update

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Kaigypsygoats, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Kaigypsygoats

Kaigypsygoats Member

Jan 10, 2018
    High Desert, Calif
    Well it has been a month...or two? I don't remember, anyway, Sugar is doing well, growing well and is very happy. Gus not so much but he is very spoiled about his food. We switched them to a grass/alfalfa mix and are slowly reducing their full alfalfa down. They seem to like the grass (now) but still get some pellets and goat feed. Tried carrots today but only one (Sugar), was happy to eat them. We now have a good idea of when Sugar goes into heat and how long it lasts. She was so bad this month, even Gus reacted by making bucky sounds. She stood for him too after pestering him a lot. XD
    Anyway, here are a few pictures of our brats. I tried HARD to get rear pictures of Sugar but they much prefer to sniff our faces than stand for photos. Brats. Happy turkey day to all.

Attached Files:

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

3. Goat_Scout

Goat_Scout Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    Sugar is so pretty! Thanks for the update!

Kaigypsygoats likes this.
  4. elvis&oliver

elvis&oliver Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Pa
  5. Kaigypsygoats

Kaigypsygoats Member

Jan 10, 2018
    High Desert, Calif
    FINALLY got that teat shot. Thanks to hubby's idea of reversing the camera on the phone. Oh and pellets. Lots of pellets. XD

Attached Files:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    The goats are adorable! But I was mostly in awe of the sandy landscape - so foreign to me! It must be a very interesting place to live.