The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Nubian goat that has some type of rough, light colored areas on the end of his ears. Would this be a fungus? He has had it for probably 6 months and it doesn't seem to bother him. Anybody have ideas?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Honestly, it looks like dead skin cells but a BIG clump of it.
Caused from drying out after being soaked or even from frostbite.
Maybe mites but I'm not too sure on that one. This happened to my dog and it was from the cold mostly. Some was caused by being dry. You can actually pull a piece of her ear off.

With that said, is it elevated or seem to blend in and Is it hard or soft?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, it looks like dead skin cells but a BIG clump of it. Caused from drying out after being soaked or even from frostbite. Maybe mites but I'm not too sure on that one. This happened to my dog and it was from the cold mostly. Some was caused by being dry. You can actually pull a piece of her ear off. With that said, is it elevated or seem to blend in and Is it hard or soft?
We live in south Texas near Corpus Christi. The only time it gets cold here is a few weeks in January.
It is elevated and coarse but on the side of his ear, it seems to be smooth.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
We live in south Texas near Corpus Christi. The only time it gets cold here is a few weeks in January. It is elevated and coarse but on the side of his ear, it seems to be smooth.
That's weird..
I'd try what kslavango said & maybe put some vazaline or antibacterial creme.

I live in Florida & it don't get that cold here either lol yet my dog has chucks out of her ear(?) hmmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts