FUNNY DOES!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by pennylullabelle, Nov 28, 2009.

1. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

I had to share this because I loved it so much (and my non-goat friends and families don't "get" it!) :love:

So, my does are getting more and more use to me. They jump on me when I have the feed bucket, call out to me the second I walk out of the house and make all sorts of fuss when I am walking around their pens working - especially if I am not IN their pen - they follow me along the fence as I walk around getting my chores done. They stick their heads through the squares of the hog wire to be pet as well. Really, just such characters and soo sweet!

So, I go in to visit as I do about 10-20 times a day. And I have a body/dirt brush from my horses. It has stiff long bristles. And at first they TAKE OFF! :slapfloor: But then they come back over to inspect. I let them sniff it and try it on both of them. As I begin to brush them from their faces to all over their bodies they start grunting and burping!! OMG I about died laughing!!! :ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL: :slapfloor: I was a bit like "well, ew" but also it was so funny they they enjoyed it enough to burp over it!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    too funny...you have to love goats...... :ROFL: :ROFL:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    They are something aren't they? I have one that will squeek and bring up cud while I brush her.

4. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    They do make the funniest sounds.
    Like all the growling and grunting sounds at feeding time while the girls are pushing to get at the best of the food.

It always gets people the first time they walk into the barn and hear the strange sounds that come from the bucks. During breeding season at times it sounds kinda like the monkey house at the zoo.

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Haha! My one wether HATES being brushed!!! :ROFL:

6. OurJourneysEnd

OurJourneysEnd New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Caro, MI
    I LOOOVVVEEE the squeak! My Aggy does that and I always smile. I love watching her swallow and it goes doooown her neck, and then a moment later it comes back uuuup her neck, she squeaks and then she's chewing.