The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is a few pics of my year old nubian doe trying to make sure my wiltshire lamb knows who is boss! Took one photo from when she was coming down from a jump and the ears are still up in the air....funny huh...

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi - yes lamb unphased! I am not sure what a precocious udder is? She got asecond in the show and he seemed to think her udder was okay? Be interested to know what one is? :)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Young does sometimes develop a "precocious udder" before they ever kid. This is a good thing, as it usually mean they come from really great milk lines (aka, dam was a good producer, etc.), and it's also usually the really healthy ones that get it.

The only downside is that occasionally they can learn to self suck, since there's no kids to nurse for them, but I think that's fairly rare, though we had one that did. :rolleyes:

I just wondered since she's a yearling, I didn't think she'd have kidded yet. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh! No not a precocious udder. She is actually 17 months old and had kids early! Photo attached. They are now nearly four months old and have found good homes :)

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was quite worried about her kidding as she is quite small for her age but wouldn't you know it ! No probs - she did soooo well. I wasn't even there for the kidding! She showed no signs! All the signs of kidding about a month prior! Anyway, I came home to two kids all dried off and Hadassah looking like she had been a mum for forever!!! Clever doe!!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kids have been rehomed for about a month now and I am milking Hadassah once a day :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, no not jewish - am christian but find all my goat names in the bible :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts