Funny things goats do

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by toth boer goats, Aug 4, 2008.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    what funny things have your goats done ,it neat to hear the different things they do~!
    Come on in and tell us...............

2. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they seem to know when it is vacination or worming time,,,they look at you
    as if saying "you want me to go in there,,,yeah right~!" :idea:

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I have a 2 year old Cashmere buck (135lbs) in the same pasture with my 3 year old mini horse colt (275lbs., now he's a gelding). At first the colt was the king, and he'd chase the buck away from the hay, and just for kicks chase him around the pasture. I was there when Bambino (buck) had had it! He turned around and put his head up, stuck his chest out and shook his considerable horns at Dude (gelding, hubby says he's now "Dudeless), as if to say "that's enough, I'm not going to take this anymore"! Dude didn't "get it", so Bambino walked up to him and put his head into Dudes chest/neck area and proceeded to push him, made him step back several times! It only took two of these sessions for Dude to realize he's "not the boss of him" anymore! LOL

It wasn't quite that funny when Bambino walked up behind me and put his head in my "buttock region" and used his horns to "guide" me to his grain bowl! At first I thought "what the heck is this"! I wish I had that on video! It'd be worth 100,000. on AFV.

4. trailhound

trailhound Guest

Mar 22, 2008
    I think my current favorite goat antic is that mine like to lay in the old cast iron tub (empty) in the pasture. Not only does it make a nice sound from the hoofs, but it is a snug little bed I guess.

Also, one of our wethers is a rotten spoiled brat and can be maddenly annoying at times. So, to make ourselves less mad at him we stick apples (we have a tree right by the gate pasture) on the end of his horns and the horse plucks them off. I am sure we are creating a whole nother monster, but we don't do it often and it is so darn funny it has kept him from going in the paper for sale.

Andrea

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    those are good ones ~!

It is hilarious when the rains come...... when puddles form,,they think they are going to melt, tippy toeing, jumping puddles, walking on ridges of the pasture.....We put boards
    out for them in the trouble spots......................how silly :ROFL:

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I think it's pretty funny when my doe Claribelle will cry for her grain in the morning w/ her mouth full of yummy hay. :) It's a really funny sound, muffled chewing mixed w/ her rather annoying (I think it's kinda cute) cry. She's a booger. :D

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    some of the little kids, when nursing will be fighting over a teat, mom moves away, the kids are still standing there with there mouths/heads pushed together and there butts are in the air for a few seconds,until they realize ..... hey where did mom go?????? :oops:

8. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    One thing's for sure; life is never boring with goats around!

Me and my little gang have a ritual every day. At feeding time I open the gate and since the latch sticks and is really difficult to get up, I only close it halfway while I rush in to get the buckets so I can bring them up to refill them. During this time, Melino runs over to the gate and opens it (which he is very clever at) and lets them all out. Once they have busted free I usually scream, "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" Not with real anger, or anything, but they are just such buggers!!! Now comes the funny part. As soon as I yell at him, Melino takes this GIGANTIC leap into the air and throws back his head and gallops about kicking and thrashing in such a show of pure joy and happiness that I can do nothing but laugh! He runs back and forth in front of the gate for about 10 seconds before stopping to graze, but he does this every time he escapes. I think he is just rebelling a bit against "the man," ya know? LOL

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    too funny :ROFL:

The little boogers always seem to know there's something up,,,,if you have a rope in your hand.... even when you try to hide it behind your back, if they see one little piece of it ,,,,,that's all it takes you might as well give up for now,from then on they actually watch you close from the corner of their eye never letting you close :idea:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Each of mine have their own funny quirks Bootsie knows that Binky is first on the milkstand and that Angel and Heidi also go to the main barn area to get fed....Bootsie will stand like a concrete block and will not allow the 3 girls near the door at all til I scratch her and tell her to wait her turn, she moves away to ram her daughter Tilly and goes to wait while I milk Binky and feed Angel, Heidi and give the boys their grain, while I am milking,. Bootsie will stare at me with one eye thru the slats in the gate while Tilly continuously beats the door with her head, Binky done and off and Bootsie makes a beeline for the milkstand, she stands and dances foot to foot and dives her head into the grain scoop like she's starving to death...all the while spilling her grain out of her mouth and into the bucket I use for the purpose of her over abundant mouthfulls...she's milked and will not leave the stand until I give her the grain that she droppped. Angel and Heidi leave the stall after Tilly has finished her grain and then Teddy starts screaming like crazy because Hank took over his feed dish....Chief stands against the wall and gawks in the window at me while I am trying to get each girl back out into the yard, he beats the screen with his hoof til I give him a cookie and then I can finally leave the shed..amazing that all of this takes place in just 15 minutes!

Bedtime is a whole other story! Ya gotta love them though...especially when they step on my toes trying to be the first one on my lap. :greengrin:

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

at feeding time, trill stands at the top of the hill (our pasture is somewhat beside the house and goes up a hill) and looks in the window, if i take too long she will lay down and do the same thing. my mom always tells me the goats are looking in the windows.
    Little bit used to climb on top of the truck and get on the roof.
    My kid pen has an upside down metal tub in it, when the kids jump on it it sounds like a drum, like the are demanding something.
    beth

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    liz, i think you must spend alot of time in the barn :). you know what everyone does, every time. goats are great!!!!!

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California