The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Live. Love. Ride. Milk.
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaving Sunday for a vacation. It is a 7 hour long car ride there with my 4 brothers and sisters in the car(ages boy 12: girl 8: boy 5: boy 7 months). I have a HUGE amount of books to read as well as magazines, but I really don't know what to do for that time. I have no "i" anythings that i could bring. now I know what you are thinking "no ipod, no iphone, no ipad?!! I would die!!!" Some people like to spend their time outside with our favorite animals(goats!) or interacting with the human race (though i can see some advantages of not doing this) instead of in their house all day with their eyes glued to a screen. If you want to do this fine, but my life will not be spent that way. anyway back to my problem. I need games or something that I can do for 7 hours. No laptop so don't even get started. My brother has a Nintendo DS, but i can GUARANTEE you that he will play it until he gets bored and then not let me play it. I have him to talk too (which is not any consolation) or to play games with it we can think of any. I am bringing Flinch, Uno, playing cards, and he is bringing chess if that helps you. thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,755 Posts
LOL this made me think of something Oprah Winfrey told on herself. She said when she was a kid on long car rides they would count cows, one child counted the cows on their side of the car and the other the ones on the other side of the car, whoever had the most cows won, but whenever you passed a graveyard on your side all your cows died and you had to start over. I just think that is hilarious and creative. We never played games on long car rides, we looked at scenery and talked and tried to see who could find the most out of state tags but no real games.

·
8,495 Posts
With all the walls along the roads in the cities, it is hard to see anything! But, before all the electronic toys, we played an alphabet game-
Point out items that start with A- apple trees, b- buildings, c-cow, cat, car, etc. it's easy until you get to the oddball letters!

Pick out colors of cars, then count them as they pass you or come at you- first one that hits a specified number wins. Pick out different types of
vehicles, one child take pickup trucks, another tour busses, another campers, etc. first on to get a certain amount, wins! Guess how many minutes until the next rest area, Mc Donalds, etc. Silly games, but they can be fun!

Have a good trip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts