The Goat Spot Forum banner
421 - 440 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
@alwaystj9 it’s almost that time of year… or has it been for awhile for you w/ your extended growing season?
Plant Font Terrestrial plant Grass Rectangle

While I’m not to the point of finding new homes for my zucchini (well, I did leave a cpl with my friend last night 😅) I am trying to look for other ways of using it.
My kids really liked zucchini chips. We took some up for our day of wood cutting/playing in the water yesterday and they ate them all. Lol
Food Ingredient Cuisine Recipe Dish

Anyone have a favorite recipe for zucchini that you’d like to inspire me with? 😁

·
Registered
Boots´ #1 Fan
2,571 Posts
Oh, me! I have one.

Get two wooden skewers and four wooden discs.
Assemble as shown. Find long steep road. Set free. Repeat until all zucchini are used up.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HZ3a-phq0is/TFdc7IRISDI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/9LOCRJfxkGA/s1600/IMG_7035.JPG

Use them plain or garnish as desired.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9b/da/c8/9bdac8c2dc0725a9c17648f167632397.jpg
I like Mike’s plan @Boer Mama!

What’s the recipe for those zucchini chips, if you don’t mind? Those look pretty good! Like you, we have an overflow of them too

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I like Mike’s plan @Boer Mama!

What’s the recipe for those zucchini chips, if you don’t mind? Those look pretty good! Like you, we have an overflow of them too
These were made with ~2TBS olive oil, 1TBS smoked paprika and 1TBS salt. So a bbq flavor chip.
I just found it online- I want to try one with the everything bagel seasoning if I can remember to buy that when I shop next.
I just used my dehydrator (I plug in on back porch so doesn’t heat up the house) but I guess you can also do in oven if you keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Next time I make them, I might salt the slices ahead of time and let them sit to draw some of the moisture out first.
I think I used 3 zucchini- enough to fill my dehydrator trays 😁

·
Registered
Boots´ #1 Fan
2,571 Posts
These were made with ~2TBS olive oil, 1TBS smoked paprika and 1TBS salt. So a bbq flavor chip.
I just found it online- I want to try one with the everything bagel seasoning if I can remember to buy that when I shop next.
I just used my dehydrator (I plug in on back porch so doesn’t heat up the house) but I guess you can also do in oven if you keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Next time I make them, I might salt the slices ahead of time and let them sit to draw some of the moisture out first.
I think I used 3 zucchini- enough to fill my dehydrator trays
Thanks! We have a dehydrator too. That’s why I wanted to try them. Seems we don’t use it much anymore lol.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I would try the zucchini chip thing since we are expecting a week of hot (+30C), dry weather, but my zucchinis are not more than 5" long at this point.

How thick are the slices?
Do you just slice by hand with a knife or do you have some kind of thing to get such even slices?

Would flattening a zucchini with my van work?
I used a mandolin… you don’t want to slice super thin or they’ll shrink paper thin. I’m not sure I had mine but maybe 1/4-1/5”?
And younger ones will have more moisture than ones that are a little bigger. So you’d want to salt and let that moisture seep out before seasoning.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Again I had to look that up. I don't see how a mandolin will help. Do you push it through the strings? Seems like an expensive way to slice zucchini. Good ones are $1000s.

https://banjowarehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2-The-Loar-LM-310f-BRB-F-style-Mandolin.jpg
You can get some cheap ones for around $100 bucks lol you get 7 slices at a time though lol

421 - 440 of 485 Posts