The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have a large vegetable garden next year when we move to share with the neighbors, maybe sell some. I have never had my own veggie garden before, just taken care of my grandmother's which is a nightmare garden lol. I was just wondering how others keep the weeds down? I'd like to keep everything as natural as possible, so no sprays. Any other garden related tips would be appreciated, or books/magazines anyone would like to suggest :D

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
we have wide rows in between our veggie rows, large enough that we can til them over. Then we only have to pull the weeds where the veggies are actually growing. It doesn't ever seem to be really cumbersome. It was worse when I tried to pack more into a smaller area. YMMV

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I always mulched my garden with either straw or pine straw to keep weeds down. As for publications - I highly recommend Organic Gardening. They have all kinds of tips, tricks, and such things.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the tips! I most likely will not go too large, I want to have some room to plant wild flowers too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts