The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buckling is very rude to the LGD's. He is just always headbutting them and my dogs are TERRIFIED. To the point where my female was shaking with her head in a cattle panel. But they don't do anything! Is there anything other to do than seperate him?

Also, enjoy the good part! LOL They were being sweet today.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not! The bad thing is that the LGD's watch over the girls, so he has to be in there in order to breed. We are selling him anyway... maybe he'll be sold soon.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
WHat a truly lovely dog you have! Take him out when you have the buck in to breed. Buck doesnt need to be in 24/7 to get his job done, just during the day will work. Its REALLY not fair to the dog to force them to be penned up with an animal that hurts them all the time.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have been together for about 9 months. He turned this way about a month ago, before this buckling never hurt the dogs.

This buckling has jumped a 6 foot cattle panel to get back in, I have no idea how he does it. He opened a chain gate to get to his ladies. I have tried to seperate them, but it doesn't work very well.

I know it's not fair. Also, my goats stay outside, they have to have at least 2 LGD's with them. I just don't know what to do.

·
Super Moderator
83,839 Posts
WHat a truly lovely dog you have! Take him out when you have the buck in to breed. Buck doesnt need to be in 24/7 to get his job done, just during the day will work. Its REALLY not fair to the dog to force them to be penned up with an animal that hurts them all the time.
I agree here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts