The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave valbazen a few days ago. A couple of days before that ivermic. Eye lids and now corners of eyes white. Thick white. I don't know what to do. No poo issues and isn't off feed. Please help

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
dont worm any more right now..you'll stress your goat..give time for the wormer to work..right now you need to work on the anemia

6 cc per 100# red cell..double the dose the first time and treat for a week straight then once a week until eye color returns
Vit B 12 will help restore red blood cells as well..give daily 4 cc per 100#
High protien feed, green leaves and alfalfa to help rebuild red blood cels as well..keep her hydrated, here is a article on treating anemia for further information...best wishes for a quick recovery

http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/anemiaingoats.html

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
hows your goat doing?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is still acting good. Going to buy the vit b complex. Do I give orally or injection? Thanks

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
Glad she is acting good : ) You were quick to her rescue

B complex works better injected : ) too much is lost through the digestive system other wise

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave 9 cc of valbazen. I believe I gave the same of the ivermexon. Then 6 cc of the relacement of red cells. I just bought the high level of B complex, which I will give her tonight. Thanks

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
Ok just to be sure she had the correct dose, since we dont want to under dose Valbazen is 1 cc per 10# so 9 CC is good for a 90# goat..
and Ivomec is 1 cc per 40# sub Q so 9 cc is alot!
so for an 85# goat the valbazen was good..ivomec was alot! she only needs 2 -2 1/2 cc next time
I would re do wormer in 10 days..then again in 10 more days then in 30 for a 3 times 10 days apart then once again in 30...

on the red cell I would dose a second 6 cc tonight then do 6 cc once a day for five days then 6 cc once a week until you see color...

Fortified b complex is 4 1/2-5 cc per 100#

1 - 9 of 9 Posts