General Testing of Livestock

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by goathiker, Apr 14, 2020.

1. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

As of 04/13/2020 All state laboratory equipment, nationwide, is being utilized for processing of SARS-CoV-19 testing. Including ours guys.
    It might be prudent for a little while not to expect much of the laboratories or the harrassed, overworked techs.
    There're many things we can wait on for now. Please, be understanding and patient with the situation. We are in a better place than many, we have the needed equipment.
    They are even opening the old AVID labs back up. Welcome to the '80's lol

2. HungryFox

HungryFox Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2020
    New England
    Hard times for all.
    Warms me to see changes like this however. Those labs and employees have the tools to help others, and so they are.
    Many in our country still have their heads up their asses, but the last time we saw anywhere near this level of cooperation and sudden life, liberty, and employment changes was WW2.
    Up in the epicenter north east, every company with masks, suits, gloves, cloth, or 3D printers has gone to donate or create. All our breweries are making sanitizer. I have masks cut out sitting on my sewing machine.

"My hands are small, but they are my own."

J4Julz likes this.

3. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I was just looking at a few laboratory websites for another thread and saw that many are not accepting certain samples right now. Hadn't even considered this aspect, but it makes sense!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    That makes sense to utilize the labs for as much COVID-19 testing as possible. I wonder if private labs such as Sage Ag Labs are also prioritizing COVID-19 testing.