Geoffrey Learning to Drive

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by DebMc, Dec 5, 2010.

1. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    He is so awesome! :leap: I've only had him a week. He already walks on lead and performs a number of behaviors on cue. Today was his first time in harness and his first time pulling anything. He did wonderfully, even on the road w/an approaching then passing vehicle. :thumbup: Can you guess what this kid wants to be when he grows up? :wink:

Attached Files:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is so neat..... congrats..... :thumb: :wink: :greengrin:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is awesome. He looks so cute also.

4. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Awww what a good boy! He's so cute! :)

6. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks! If you'd like to see him in action, here's a link to a video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dtYlY2AvE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dtYlY2AvE[/ame]

7. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Hey...I could put him in our dog team this weekend! Lol :chin: He is adorable! :wink:

8. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    So cool! LOL Looks like his harness is a little big!

9. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    The harness is too big and I can't adjust it down any further. :shrug: I find it works fine for training, though. He won't be pulling anything heavy with it, only a light drag. I plan to have one custom made once he's full grown, when I get the cart. He has a lot of growing still to do. <g>

Deb Mc

10. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Thats true, he does have alot of growing left to do. At our county fair there were two nubian wethers that had to be like 200 lbs! Im sue he will grow into it.

11. jberter

jberter New Member

What a smart handsome boy you have,,, :love: he has realy taken to the harness and the noise didn't seem to bother him either.. what a sweet heart.. :lovey: good luck with the training and keep us updated on the kid,,
    P.S. love his Christmas collar and hat.. :)

12. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    He is doing wonderful! Mine would be hollering at everyone. "Hey. HEY! LOOK AT ME! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!"

Gina and Ben

13. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks!

Gina - Geoffrey is very vocal,too, but he only hollers if the person whose attention he's seeking is far away. When I walk him or interact in ways he likes, he chatters or hums. :laugh: