The Goat Spot Forum banner

Get this Buck to Stand!

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  FarmGirl18 
Lol, I totally know what you mean!! I got a whoppin guy as well and there is NO way I can keep a hold of him, I'm gonna have my brother show him. But, what kind of collar do you have? It's really helpful to have a prong collar, that way when they try to pull against it, it gives them some discomfort.

Well, the thing is you just do the best you can, whenever I go to shows there's always those goats that just don't like to stand, and they don't, but a good judge will look through the moving around.

The fact that you are working with them is great...I'm sure you will have a great experience showing. :)

I shave both sides of their tails pretty short, and cut the top off straight. Don't generally do a whole lot to the rear, besides cleaning up on the insides of the legs, and just kind of evening things out. If there's really long hairs you can trim them a bit shorter, you just don't want to make his rear look too small. I also clip the front of the chest and neck as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.