The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... found a breeder who needs to place too many doelings she held back, before winter-- they are tame and were bottle babies using the CAE prevention protocol, moms are CAE tested and clean. She states she has no abcessed and has had this herd since 1996.
SHe shows and milks and the doelings are registered.

We had been thinking of getting a friendly goat ammbassador for our 2 little ones - she has 5months old availble so they wont be 2 much older than our 17 week olds...
Will it be easy for them to get along, all being kids, or will the 2 shun the 3rd one....

The other option we saw was for one of a pair of Lamancha yearling does that the 4H kids no longer were interested in- they were registered as well, and cheap ($125)-- but I dont know anything about them it was just a phone number and too late to call last night....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
well what breed are the first ones.? Sounds like they might be fancy and good milkers too. see if you get one of those. i think they will be fine after a couple of days.
check out the lamanchas make sure they are tested. but that is a good price, even if i dont like lamanchas, sorry cant do the ear thing. be aware however that 4-h animals are not always the best quality unless they are from a larger herd and the 4-hers got their pick.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Enchantedgoats-
our current doelings are Nigerian - toggenberg, 17 weeks old. I hope to eventually breed them all to a Nigerian Buck (then I could register the Nubians kids with the MDGA) --
I like the idea of Lamanchas too (dont mind the ears), but not sure my daughter would go for it, that and the source doesnt sound as good--
the Nubian person has already emailed me a few times and seems like she will be helpful in the future (and I sure need help!)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts