The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Does he have a worm or coccidia problem? How do his inner eyelids look? Deep red or pink, or pale pink or white? Somewhere in between?

How old is he?

What kind of hay I'd he getting, does he have loose minerals? Is he getting any grain? Is he up to date on all his shots and supplements?

If he is getting grain, what is the protein content, and how much is he getting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is about 5 months. He just got over coccidiosis and we just wormed him with cidectin. Eyes look good. Great hay have not been graining him free choice minerals. Our females look great. Him on the other hand we cannot seem to get him to gain anything. He looks so skinny

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
I would give him a copper bolus, and a selenium and vitamin E supplement (selenium and vitamin E is most commonly found as a BoSe shot, or gel)
Multimin 90 is a good supplement shot as well, it covers a lot of minerals.

I would start giving him a high protein grain and work him up to about 2lbs of it a day. 16-18% protein is good. Have a fecal done to make sure he isn't still battling with a load of cocci, and worms. If he is, treat accordingly.

Does he seem healthy otherwise? Good appetite, everything functioning normally, no runny nose, etc?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts