Getting a little to excited I think!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I am not sure if I mentioned that last night I put my Alpine X milker that is due .... well when ever my little ticker below says - I think about 6 or 7 weeks..... anyway I put her on the milkstand last night to palpate her. Last year she had a single 12# doeling and she is getting a bit wider and really deep and she has been acting a bit off so I wanted to check her out.

Well, I palpated and I felt at least 1 kid in there. I really, truly think that she is going to have a single again - which is fine - but I would have really liked twins to even out her udder.

So with everyone asking about milkstands, I decided tonight I would drag mine out and take some pics to post for you all. I have a standard size one that hubby bult sorta by the plans on Fiasco Farm, and then one that was given to me in a package deal for minis. Both are built completely different.

Well, I put Blingz in the little one and took pics, but then I decided to bring tubba bubba, Trisha, the spotted Nubian out to see if there was ANY chance of feeling ANYTHING through all that fat on her and only being just shy of 2 1/2 months.....

The girl is LOADED with kids :stars: :stars: :stars: You used to be able to touch her side and feel like it was going to ingulf you - now you toch her side and you get kicked back - no matter where you touch - seriously.

Now this girl had triplets a couple years ago - I am thinking triplets if not quads this time - aghhhhh!!!!

I also brought out Snow who is supposed to be almost 2 1/2 months along - nigi - and couldnt tell if I felt movement or not - she is getting a bit deeper and rounder. So hopefully soon I will be able to feel something.

But 2 1/2 months gestation - should I be feeling kids like that???

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yeah!!! Allison will be having babies soon :leap: Now you are getting ME excited!!! (you know I have to live through your goats until I get my herd rebuilt :slapfloor: )

I posted some links on your other post, but I am not for sure about how far along they have to be before you can feel anything?? :shrug: Maybe one of those sites meantions it.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    At 2 1/2 months I can't feel any movement in my girls at all! Its usually not til toward the end of the 3rd month that I can feel kids, so either Trisha has a litter in there or is it possible she bred earlier?

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I really am not sure. I bred her once, 18 days later like clockwork she was flagging, bred her again, 18 days later again flagging like clockwork, bred her again - no flagging since......

Now this morning I could feel them, but not like last night - -who knows

But, that was why I was looking for that dang site I had last year, but i know in the mini that is supposed to be the same gestation, I couldn't really feel anything.

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I felt Dorca's kids kicking at about 2 1/2 months. Not very well though. Now I can feel it/them kicking like crazy some nights and others there is nothing. I'm SO excited! :leap: