Getting a New Doe Kid!! - Pics Added!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by capriola-nd, Jan 10, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, I switched my deposit at Poppy Patch for a doe kid from Marilyn Monroe. . . . I was waiting to decide on which buckling (from Marilyn or Sunshine) and Marilyn kids with triplet does!! Stinker! :roll: Anywho, I want to keep Royal Blue around for at least another year - so, figured I had better switch my deposit to a doe. I have not a clue what she looks like and not even an idea which one I'll be getting as Poppy Patch plans to retain one. So, we'll see! ;) I would ask Shannon but their farm was totally flooded, so I'll wait until she gets things settled.

I'll hopefully be picking her up on the 19th. She's a bottle-baby, I think. . . .

Anywho, just thought I'd share! :D

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Re: Getting a New Doe Kid!!

Congrats! I just love Royal Blue...he's very handsome. Can't wait for pics!

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Oh, gee. Thanks! I just love him too. :love: He's my stinky baby. :greengrin:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Congrats :stars:

as soon as you get pics, make sure to post them!!!

5. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

Yippee! She sounds wonderful... can't wait to see pictures.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Congrats! That's neat...can't wait to see pics!! :stars:

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Congratulations!

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Well, I met her today!!! And she is A-DOE-rable!!!! So, so, so stinkin' cute!! I'm in love with her. :love: We were at Poppy Patch for at least two+ hours, saw all her goats, this doe's sire too (handsome, small boy!) Her dam is absolutely beautiful! Those pics on her website do not do her justice at all, she is so much more beautiful. Shannon milked her a little, so I could see how quickly she milked, very fast, large orifices. Her udder is awesome! Much more capacity than her last freshening, awesome medial, smooth fore, just in general beautiful! Anywho, so I am hoping, hoping, hoping my girl gets her dam's udder!

Anyways, the baby doe is swiss-marked, so cute. Bottle-baby so is very friendly and curious about you. Hopefully will be getting her within the month. No pics, forgot my camera. :sigh: She looks quite a bit like her dad, I suppose.

Anyways, just had to share my excitement! :D

9. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Congrats!!! I am really happy for you! :stars: Can't wait to see pics when you get her home! :cool:

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

I got some pics of my new girl! Shannon sent them to me today. She is soooo cute!! I LOVE her! :D

Got her pedigree up on our website, she's at the bottom of this page: http://www.capriola.webs.com/juniordoes2.htm

Here she is!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Those spots on her face are just plain ol' spots, right? Her paternal grand-dam is moonspotted and her sire might be. :shrug:

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, I forgot to add that her name is "Centerfold." Following the "Playboy" theme. But I am going to pretend that it is a centerfold for a goatie magazine, nothing nasty. ;)

12. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Shes beautiful! I Love her color. :thumbup:

13. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    That's a real nice looking kid! I have always loved the sundgau coloring. Congrats!

14. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh wow, beautful girl. You must be so excited to have her. Gorgeous markings too! :love:

15. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks! I am SO excited! Words cannot express how excited I am!! :D She's even prettier in person too. :) Her dam's udder was so much nicer than those pics. And it more than doubled in size from her 2nd freshening, so I am really hoping for an awesome udder on my girl.

She'll be going to at least one show this year in June.

16. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Wow what a gorgeous doeling! No wonder you are so excited... Congrats!!! :stars:

I don't think her facial spots are moon spots though, they are typical with that pattern. But with the pedigree this doe has, she doesn't need them. She already has enough going for her. They are just icing on the cake. :thumbup:

17. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    She is GORGEOUS!!!! Congrats!! :leap:

18. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks everyone! I really like her a lot and can't wait for her to come home with us. :)

Thanks for clarifying that Tina, I figured they weren't but just thought to check. They certainly aren't necessary because she's perfect! :D