getting a new puppy!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by alyssa_romine, Aug 20, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    I had a dream last night that my mom had bred "my" dog....I just got off the phone with her and she told me that she had talked to my dad about breeding her and my dad said yes....I hadnt even told my mom about my dream nor did she tell me that she had thought about breeding the dog. It was so strange but awesome at the same time! I asked her about getting a puppy and she said that I could have one if my hubby agreed!!!! I call the dog mine because my mom wasnt going to get her until I told her that I wanted she got her and was going to keep her for me until I got moved into my new house but she got too attached to her and decided to keep her for herself. Anyway, the dog is a Dachshund. She has the sweetest face! My mom is taking her to the breeder on her next heat cycle which will be very soon..... I'm so excited :wahoo:
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    oh those are such cute dogs!

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    How exciting! We bred our shih tzu 2 years ago and raising those puppies was just the most fun! Puppies are so fun, I just love em! Bet you just can't wait!!! :wahoo:
  4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    That is cool!! I love dachsunds :love:
  5. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    thanks! I am super excited!!!!
  6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww, a friend of mine has a pair of the long haired doxies...they are the sweetest well mannered dogs I have ever been around...really cute too.....hope your girl takes with this heat and you have a new baby for the New Year.
  7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats,,,,puppys are so neat....... :thumbup:
  8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Congrats! That will be fun :greengrin:
  9. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Congrats!! We have 4 dachsunds. 3 females, 1 neutered male. Chloe and Sassy are bred and due to have puppies around Christmas. Chloe had 5 puppies her first 2 litters and 6 puppies on her last litter and Sassy has had 4 puppies on all of her litters. Sassy is a long hair silver dapple and Chloe is white with red, grey, and black markings and has 2 blue eyes. They were bred to a red male this time-but hopefully next time Sassy will be bred to a creme colored long haired male. He was to young to have her bred to this time. Chloe's dad messed his back up when he was playing with a bigger dog-so there's probably a slim to none chance that i'll see another puppy colored like Chloe. Although on Chloe's first litter-most of them were colored like Brittany's-they were so gosh darn cute! We always have a puppy or two that we get attached to adn want to keep-but we know that we really dont need another dog-atleast untill my old dog Chester passes.
  10. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    Ohhhh your dogs sound do gorgeous! My mom's dog's name is Chloe too...hehe kind of funny. I have some pics of her that i will post soon.