The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to breed my two ND does. One was bred on the 7th of this month, the other about a week before that. Doe A, bred around the 1st, came back into heat yesterday. But she isn't interested in the bucks, but one of our does. Today she is still in heat, so hopefully after school she will still be and I can get get her bred. Doe B, bred on the 7th, came back into heat on the 17th, so we rebred her that day. Both were bred by two different bucks. I just find it weird that they are both not taking?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
That is frustrating. :(

I had a doe do something similar to that. She was bred, then at 16 days I was just walking the buck by the pen and she randomly started yelling. She stood to be bred, but now she looks more than a month a long. I have both dates down but it was still weird.

I think the moral of this story is goats can be strange..

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Goats can be strange. I saw 2 breedings happen, but now a month later my kinder is all over these girls... I hope they are bred, and that they were bred before but just had a lapse in judgement.... LOL..

·
Super Moderator
14,789 Posts
I would just keep putting in and writing dates down. I always seem to have a few due dates on a few does. Last year some actually took the first go around and others did not........but I gotta admit that's got to be a pain for you if they are not running together

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully she is still in heat tomorrow.. If not I will wait till her next heat. It's just getting so cold... And frusterating!

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
A shot of lute will often times set em straight. Had a doe here that didnt breed last year and didnt seem to be coming in this year. Vet was out, dropped off so lute, shot her up, a few days later, in heat. Dont wanna breed on that one so waited the 10 days to hit her again and on the 9th day she came back into heat. Bred didnt take, came back in a week later, so hit her with loot again and now waiting on the 21 day heat... hopefully.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd rather not give them any meds, just from a money stand point. They both bred fine last year, one with twins, and one with trips. If we need to use Lute... then we will.. But I would rather not.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
28,461 Posts
I had said the same thing.. Ended up doing Lute & cysterellion.. We'll see if my doe settles this time.. She has kidded twice before just fine.. So last year when she didn't settle... We didn't do anything.. But after breeding her three times already this year with no luck, I paid the $20.. We'll see if it works..

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know, will ya?

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well doe #, Carolina, is not in heat! Wahoo! She was supposed to come in about 5 days ago. So I take it she's settled? Also, the other doe has not come into heat either.... Even though she came into heat about 21 days after breeding. She should have been in heat already, or in the next couple days. If she doesn't come into heat, should we give her some lute/cystorelin or call her bred?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Well doe #, Carolina, is not in heat! Wahoo! She was supposed to come in about 5 days ago. So I take it she's settled? Also, the other doe has not come into heat either.... Even though she came into heat about 21 days after breeding. She should have been in heat already, or in the next couple days. If she doesn't come into heat, should we give her some lute/cystorelin or call her bred?
No. If there is any doubt at all, don't give her lute. Maybe take blood and send it to Biopryn.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No. If there is any doubt at all, don't give her lute. Maybe take blood and send it to Biopryn.
Ok. Should we send blood in from the other doe too? I'm pretty positive that she is pregnant since she didn't come into heat, but she's bred to a really nice buck and the dairy girls have to be in milk to show.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Keep all your breeding dates, jic. I had a doe that just loved the buck, apparently. She bred for 3 months, but kidded on the first due date.
Oh wow! :lol: I have all the breeding dates on my ipod :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts