The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Barbara Carr and I'm going to be helping a friend of mine in Ft. Myers who has 9 does about to birth and the very happy Roger. I don't know the names of all the beauties yet, as last week was my first week there on the farm

When I was a pre-teen/teen growing up in WI, my family had 3 milkers and a billy, but its been almost 40 years since then, so I only have foggy recollections of the details, as my Mom handled the hard stuff.

I am, by profession, a nationally certified Sign Language Interpreter for the D/deaf and Hard of Hearing. My husband (Ian) is Deaf and moved here from Australia 3 years ago to marry me (yay!), but hasn't shown an interest in the animals. I've lived in FL for the past 27 years, so the circumstances of having goats here will be different. I'm excited to be back with these adorable and mischievious and funny creatures.

There is so much for me to do to ramp up my knowledge about goats again, so i'm basically nose deep in books and plans for goat milking stanchions and feed basics......

·
4,328 Posts
Welcome from Washington state! I got my first goats a few years back as my mid life crisis! I'm up to around 10 now... They are the best! Good luck ... There's a lot of info on here and on fiascofarm.com that is really good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts