The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!! It has been a while since I've been on; we have been super busy and my phone crashed, which made me lose the app.

Anyways, hope all is well!!

I'm bringing my new minimancha home next weekend. It will be 12 hours one way to get her, my sister and I are turning it into a kid/husband free girls getaway. Lol!!

Any tips for transporting? I'm thinking I'll lay the seats down in my crossover and have her in a large wire dog crate, with hay, then will offer water at rest stops. B complex and probios probably before we get on the road and again when we get home? Anything else I'm not thinking of? Should I bring a blanket to cover the crate? Will that help with stress? She is four months old. I'll also bring a collar and leash so she can get out and stretch her legs a bit at rest stops.

And, pictures! We are naming her Maple and I am sooooo excited!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! The crate has a plastic tray in the bottom but I will put a tarp down as well to help catch any stray berries. :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had a 16 hour trip when I got my doelings last month. I put the crates in the back seat of my truck, and drove for home. The older girl wouldn't take water. The other was a bottle baby and she did fine, but Heart Breaker didn't eat or drink until we got home. She's now making up for that by eating anything that isn't nailed down, lol. Talk about your easy keepers, she's a healthy little thing.

Good luck, she's adorable. I can't wait to see pictures!

·
8,066 Posts
She probably will lay down and sleep for you. That is a good age to transport, she will bond with you!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Striking markings! She's pretty.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She's home!!! Yippee!!

The drive went really well. She is suuuuuper quiet and didn't scream, not even one time!! She nickered a bit anytime we looked at her and, other than that she munched her hay, chewed her cud, and slept. Now that we are home she is already super attached to Basil. She's a little wary of us humans but will eat out of your hand hesitantly so I think she'll get over it.

Any miniature lamancha breeders out there, I cannot say good enough things about Enchanted Hill Miniature Lamanchas!!! Sooo worth the drive. It was the prettiest farm I've ever seen, with gorgeous gardens, beautiful woods, it is seriously like a fairytale. They also have gorgeous alpacas. And they're really great folks, seriously, good people. They sent us home with extra grain and hay, written directions for a shortcut, and homemade pound cake. :D (It was awesome pound cake, too)

Anyways, pictures!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think I've ever seen such a pretty no-eared goat!!! :love:
Sounds like they are pretty awesome folks :)

Are you still trying to sell Basil and Barli?
Yes, I am!!

I will sell them both together to the right home but, if I can't sell them together I'm willing to sell Barli alone and keep Basil here. They're both so gorgeous, sweet, and healthy, but haven't had much interest. It's kinda sad and a letdown but, I'm trying not to let it get to me!! If they don't sell soon I will breed them and hold onto them just to see how they milk. It is possible that I could register Basil NOA with TMGR before the end of the year so, I can justify holding onto her at least. She is my favorite.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts