Getting photos to photobucket

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Nupine, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I don't know where this would go but I put it here. I read the posting pictures thread and I think I can do that, but how do I download them to photobucket? I have them under a file in My Pictures. This is probably a very dumb question.

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Not a dumb question at all. You go to photobucket.com, make yourself an account and then there are four bars off to the right side that have a button next to them that says browse, you can browse the pictures you have saved to your computer, download and name them.
    Its really great because you can access photobucket from any computer sinse you have a sign in name and password. And its another back up that you can have your pictures saved to in case your computer crashes.
    beth

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    just as beth said. A little clarification is when you click browse you will see a listing of files on your computer. make sure you go to my documents and then to my pictures and if they are in a folder click and open the folder. Then select the picture you want and click on open.

Do this with each of the pictures you want and then click "upload" on photobucket.

Glad you asked - can't wait to see pictures. If you need better clarification just ask, I am more then happy to help you and I am sure others are as well.

4. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I was unable to download onto photobucket, I tried snapfish, but that didn't work either. Both said I had to have jmg's or something, which I guess I didn't have. Does anyone know about this?

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    jpg I believe is what you were looking for.

When you save the picture on your computer drop down the last little box under the file name and select jpg or bmp etc as the file type.

6. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    OK, is it possible to post pics directly from MY Pictures?

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes

you post them either as an attachement or by clicking the - add picture to post - button right under the message field box.

here is where i have a tutorial on it - scroll down a little to get to where I discuss it and then there are pictures
    http://www.thegoatspot.net/viewtopic.php?t=73

8. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Thanks you much! That will make it so much easier!