The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suggestions to entice her to eat. She has toxemia and she eats hay alfalfa and green stuff but she needs carbs in her condition. Will not touch sweet feed, oats, cracked corn even laced with molasses. I have to give her kari and molasses mix and electrolites round the clock. Kinda tired.

· Super Moderator
64,490 Posts
Have you tried putting an oil like wheat germ oil on the feed? Sometimes my girls fuss over the alfalfa pellets but will gobble them down when coated with wheat germ oil.

You could do that with the sweet feed to get more molasses into her.

· Super Moderator
64,490 Posts
I buy the Rex Brand Wheat Germ Oil and I get that at PBS Livestock. I always order over the phone with them but you could probably find it at a local feed store. You could also try safflower oil and just get that at your local grocery store.

· Registered
24 Posts
I had a pregnant doe that looked like straight from the concentration camp, that would not eat grains, so I was giving her Ensure plus, she liked that. She also liked beer. It gets a bit expensive, but the vet that didn't help was much more. And I didn't have to force it into her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.