The Goat Spot Forum banner

Giant Egg!!

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  zincsulfate 
#1 ·
One of our road island red hens laid this egg yesterday. It's HUGE!! I haven't cracked it yet so I'm curious to see if we have a single/double or perhaps a triple yolk?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That is a big egg.... Our Red Stars laid huge eggs but not that big, they were very often double yolked. I don't think we ever had a triple yolker, even when the eggs were larger they were still usually doubled or just one huge yolk.

#6 ·
I'd blow out that egg and save it for posterity...hang it on the christmas tree or something. You poke a tiny hole in each end with a pin and blow the insides into a bowl from one end....then youcan flush the inside with a syringe full of water with soap, let it dry, and you have a memento

#10 ·
I'd blow out that egg and save it for posterity...hang it on the christmas tree or something. You poke a tiny hole in each end with a pin and blow the insides into a bowl from one end....then youcan flush the inside with a syringe full of water with soap, let it dry, and you have a memento
That's such a good idea!! I will have to try that! Thank you!!

#16 ·
My only laying pullet right now (red sex link) gave me a big egg today, but not that big. Everybody else in the hen house seems to be determined not to lay or molting right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.