Gigi getting more aloof

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Jan 29, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Gigi (or as her reg name is Angie) was bred in early December. Ever since then she has become more and more aloof. Not that she runs from me, well she does sometimes, but I have to entice her with treats and sometimes she doesnt even want them that much. :( She is happy and healthy and growing nicely. Has a wonderful winter coat, thick as all get out. But she isnt all over me like Jitterbug is nor hungry for my attention like Mia and Lola are. I miss my Gigi. I give her the same attention I give all the others - maybe more because she is special - but she just rather EAT! And boy can that goat eat. ITs like all she does is stuff her mouth with hay.

I just hope once she kids she is back to her normal self. I will try to get pictures of her tomorrow for you Ashely. she isnt growing in size yet -- or noticiably yet. She is only just about 2 months along (day 57). Still just as stylish as ever. That goat just looks put together even with all the fuzz and boy is she fuzzy!

well thats enough moaning from me now

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Awe, I'm sorry she's being a brat. Pregnancy seems to mess them all up. Maybe she is eating a lot to get the order just right? lol

I can't wait for more pictures! :dance:

Spice is still Spice except I can't touch her teats now and I could before. It's turned into game of run away whenever I get my hand under her. :roll:

And Xcell is really really fat this year... she like twice the size she was last year. :shocked:

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    When is Xcell giving Gigi more siblings?

She better be working on that order!

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    March 8th. I really think she has at least trips in there. I will get a picture of her tomorrow for you. My mom likes to call her the beach ball right now. lmao

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe. Well none of mine are showing so they dont have nicknames --- yet

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I've had some does who act night and day different while pregnant or not. So she may come back around after she's feeling better. Pregnancy can make you moody, can be painful and miserable or it can be a time that makes you bubbly. I figure each doe has different moods and feelings during her pregnancy and in turn she reflects that in her behavior. Another thing is the closer they get to kidding, a lot of them can get irritable and grumpy. I attribute that to the "gosh I wish it were time for these babies to come out already!" Phase of pregnancy. Being so huge, so uncomfortable and then you can't get comfortable anymore. Yes they get moody and grumpy but who can blame them.

So I would think she should be much happier once the kids are born.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ditto what SweetGum said, I have a few does that when they are pregnant their personalities are totally opposite what they would be when they aren't pregnant. Some get extremely sweet and others get standoffish.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ok here are some pictures

When I grabbed her tail it made the whole pooch area look funny like that - she actually is just puffy :shrug:
    [attachment=4:3jg3vcwi]Girls Jan 30th 008.jpg[/attachment:3jg3vcwi]

she was stealing Lola's grain -- you can see how she is just a poof ball
    [attachment=2:3jg3vcwi]Girls Jan 30th 009.jpg[/attachment:3jg3vcwi]
    [attachment=3:3jg3vcwi]Girls Jan 30th 010.jpg[/attachment:3jg3vcwi]

Checking Jitterbug's bowl
    [attachment=1:3jg3vcwi]Girls Jan 30th 012.jpg[/attachment:3jg3vcwi]

Eating Hay
    [attachment=0:3jg3vcwi]Girls Jan 30th 013.jpg[/attachment:3jg3vcwi]

I just realized that all the pictures I got of her she is eating! Proves my point though :slapfloor:

Attached Files:

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Awe, she just loves food. It's yummy. I sure can't blame her. :wink:

She is a fuzzy thing, like her mommy.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it was warmer this morning so she wasnt as fluffed up as she normally is. Of course on those days I am not thinking about taking pictures but keeping warm and getting back inside where it is warm.

I decided that all the eating is to provide for the twins or triplets she is going to give me :wink:

11. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    quints, Stacey, it'll be quints :greengrin:

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

fingers in ears lalalalala I cant hear you

14. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
  15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Shes gonna be a great mommy/ and give you twins!

She'll be back to herself in no time..Angel was always an "in my face" girl, and now it's like...give me my food NOW! She doesn't want the lovin's that she normally gets.....so hopefully the next 6 weeks go fast and she's back to being a lap goat..lol

Guess it's a good thing that LW is way over in Ireland......else I do believe that she would be in for a good whooping for putting that whammy on you! :ROFL:

16. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    "Eating is what goat's are good at. It's not just a need to them. It's an art. Classical art, by the way they chew their cud." my mother, a few years back while watching Hazel the Saanen goat chew her 'bubble gum'.

Gypsy is exactly the same way Stacy! Eat, eat, eat! And fights over it when there is no one to fight over it with! It is so annoying. I have to make seperate eating places so she doesnt' terrorize the other goats to death.
    :roll: