The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ginger is on day 142 today and I am getting so anxious for kids!!!!! And since I sold Copper I really want a doe kid from him! Pics coming soon! :leap:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 142 today!!!! The Countdown is ON!

Good luck!!! I am hoping for some healthy :girl: PINK :girl: kids for you!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts

Wishing Ginger the best of luck in her upcoming kidding! I sure do hope you gets lots of healthy, bouncing, babies soon!!! :leap:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks everyone! I am loading some photos to Photo Bucket right now...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

I know your excited!!!!!! Hoping for doelings for you!!!! :girl: :girl: :girl:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here are the photos! And Azriel is finally making an udder and she has very plumb long teats!!

Here are the photos from about 11:00 this afternoon. She has had some discharge since, so I am thinking she is probably losing her mucus plug.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

I think twins or even triplets!!! I'm really praying for doelings for you!!! Thinking pink!!! :girl:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

She has really started growing the last few weeks! I am hoping and praying for does!!!! Also with Ginger's injury I really want to keep a doe out of her just incase we didn't breed her again..

·
Registered
600 Posts

:girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:
I'm thinking pink, Good Luck Ginger girl.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Ginger is on day 142 today!!!! The Countdown is on!

Thanks! Her udder still hasn't ballooned up so I expect it to be while yet. :hair:

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts

I think she'll give you twin doelings, and she'll go on day 145!!! Her udder is filling very nicely too, it looks as though she has good attachment and I like the way she fills out in the back, watch for her to go "peg legged" on you, when her hind legs look all stiff and wide , she'll go within a few hours. What color is the buck? I think she is a pretty color and am anxious to see what color her kids will be.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

The buck was a buckskin. I think the kids will be her color or buckskins. But these Nigis always surprise me with the colors they through! And thanks for the girl thoughts! Ginger's Dam, Aunt and One of her GrandDams all had quads their first freshening! And the buck she is bred to is one of 5. her Aunt, Grandma and Mom all had quints too!!! :shocked:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

What injury does she have?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

She got headbutted by Beri in the shoulder and it fractured her shoulder blade, which then caused her to lose most of her muscle in her front leg. So she has a harder time getting around. So far she is fine with pregnancy, and the vet says that she is not in any pain at all.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 142 today!!!! (Pics added)

Wow, I didn't know that. I'm surprised I missed that at some point. I'm glad she's able to get around well though. Java was like that. Only I don't really know what happened to her. She was one of the fastest goats in our herd though. She had a huge scar down her entire shoulder, leg turned in a little and the muscle and skin was tight over it. She never acted as though she was in any pain.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Ginger is on day 142 today!!!! (Pics added)

Even with her injury she still placed well in the shows she's been to. We are giving her some hopeopathics to try and rebuild her muscle so hopefully it helps!

1 - 20 of 148 Posts