The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 142 today!!!! The Countdown is on!

I think she'll give you twin doelings, and she'll go on day 145!!! Her udder is filling very nicely too, it looks as though she has good attachment and I like the way she fills out in the back, watch for her to go "peg legged" on you, when her hind legs look all stiff and wide , she'll go within a few hours. What color is the buck? I think she is a pretty color and am anxious to see what color her kids will be.

· Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 146 today! False alarm.........

Bootsie chews hers the whole time! She just leisurely chews while she is contracting and stops when she needs to grunt or push!
Tilly grinds her teeth alot, then chews...alternates that way for awhile!

· Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 148 today! NO LIGAMENTS! And a big udder!

I see she's gone beyond the 4 hours I predicted...typical goat!! She is definately getting closer though, letting you touch her without being "jumpy" is also a "sign"....wait til she starts licking your hand, mine do this and I think it's practice for when they are cleaning their babies.
It's 9:30 here so I'll say if she doesn't go before midnight she will go shortly after. :girl: :girl: :boy:

· Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 148 today! NO LIGAMENTS! And a big udder!

She is definately sounding to be very close I know that not all goats are the same but each of mine, even their first times made several nests and laid down, when they do go down they sort of half sit to position kids then start to push....then stop for awhile then start up regular, sometimes it even goes really quick and you don't get what you expect as the "next" stage, they just grunt and push then you see a pre birth bubble and usually within 1/2 hour you get the real thing.

O yes Ashley, each of my girls about lick the skin off my hands as far up my arm as they can reach! I figured it was a "salt" thing but then realized that getting a kid dry must really make their tongues tired so they're "practicing"

· Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Congratulations Chelsey and Ginger!!! :girl: :boy: :girl: :stars:
I am so glad that you got to use a snot sucker too!! LOL ( Its really nice that you mentioned me, TY) They are awesome!! Really good names too!

· Premium Member
22,982 Posts
You were the one who made me want one! It really is a life saver.
I started using the one I have 2 years ago because it seemed that just wiping their little faces wasn't enough and I remembered a post here somewhere someone describing a kid that started to "spasm" and then died....the poor thing drowned and the poster didn't know what was happening...I don't know who it was but I figured that it was a great help to me knowing "how a drowning kid acts" because I could have lost Teddy when he was born back feet first he started "a fit" as I got the suction going....he is a thriving and healthy 4 1/2 weeks old now. Glad I could help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.