The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 142 today!!!! The Countdown is ON!

I think twins or even triplets!!! I'm really praying for doelings for you!!! Thinking pink!!! :girl:

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 142 today!!!! (Pics added)

Wow, I didn't know that. I'm surprised I missed that at some point. I'm glad she's able to get around well though. Java was like that. Only I don't really know what happened to her. She was one of the fastest goats in our herd though. She had a huge scar down her entire shoulder, leg turned in a little and the muscle and skin was tight over it. She never acted as though she was in any pain.

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 145 today! New pics added see last post.

She definitely looks like twins, could be more depending on baby sizes. She looks great! Fuchsia's ligaments are still there. I sure hope she doesn't pass this date. I don't have another date for her but she just doesn't look ready yet. :p

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 145 today! New pics added see last post.

Anna's like that with her ligaments. HATES me checking. I don't know why, she's super sweet the rest of the time. I wind up having to take her by the collar to check since she dances so much.

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 146 today! False alarm.........

By the sounds of it Ginger will beat Fuchsia. That girl hasn't changed at all.

I did find out a trick though. When a doe stands up and you're going to check her ligaments, wait a few minutes. Almost always they'll poop and if you're checking for ligs when they're about to have a bowel movement then they won't have ligaments. If you let them poop first then you'll really be able to tell for ligaments. I discovered that with nighttime checks. They'd always be laying down and when I'd go in their stall to check and they'd stand I'd get excited, no ligaments. Then double check again before going in and they'd have them. LOL

· Registered
3,694 Posts

Ooooooo chocolate..... yum...... who had to go and say chocolate???

I bet that super round tummy is just making it hard to keep those feet under her. Poor chunky girl, they all get so pitiful when they're close.

· Registered
3,694 Posts

I know!!! Looking at Minuet just isn't the same. I thought she was just fat but she's so lean and beautiful now. So different than the litte round thing she was!

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 148 today! NO LIGAMENTS! And a big udder!

If she's anything like mine it'll be after midnight. By the looks of her I'd say in a few more hours, probably just before dusk.

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 148 today! LOW LIGAMENTS! And a big udder!

I've had many a first freshener act as though nothings up at all until they're pushing. Hera is a prime example of that. She acted like she was fine. Laying around sleeping till almost 11pm. Went to bed and she woke me at a quarter after 12 midnight pushing.

· Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Ginger is on day 148 today! LOW LIGAMENTS! And a big udder!

"Normally" I don't feel anything when they are gone. But some do feel like there's something on either side but the ligaments themselves are gone.

I've had does lose their ligaments and still have that meaty feeling. Then they do eventually lose that and then kid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.